Entrance door step

My entrance door step will not retract all the way in. They are staying out about 8 ". They are the model 42 series by Kwikee  an this is the first time it has happened. I have had Kwikee steps on my previous motorhomes that I worked on but they would be stuck out or in. Never experienced a step that didn't close all the way. Getting ready to go to another location in 2 days and would appreciate your help. Thanks. 

You can push the steps in from the outside with the engine off and it takes 2 people… not to push but one inside to change the position of the step switch once it’s in and before you open the door. Pressure washing the ball bearings slides and oiling will help IF the bearings are still in the tracks…one of mine was missing the ball bearings.

Finally got around to replacing the bad slide and here is my rebuild: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/replacing-the-slide-on-my-08-navigator-steps-509795.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had the same trouble with my 05 sig. motor just got old and weak. Mine was from 1999 Ford Taurus, 99 tp 01 Lincoln or 99 thunderbird. All passenger window motors. Pretty easy change. Kwikee sent me a motor that was wrong then said I had ro do update kit for 600. Motor from Napa was 85. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our step did the same thing, it would not go all the way in.  Took the motor apart and the gears have three plastic cylinders that are spacers.  They had turned to dust.  Located the spacers at Oreilly's auto parts.  They were listed under window regulator parts.  Lubed everything up and put in the new spacers.  Works like new.1416353424_thumbnailcopy57.thumb.jpeg.c6a45e9b3c026ee0b76022fd3096baa1.jpeg