Aqua Hot

WayneC

Any ideas will be most welcomed! Aqua hot serviced,filter, nozzle.lots of fuel, lots of battery/shore power. Changed fuel solenoid because it had cracked after 20 years,changed the motor after 20 years,worked 4 or 5 times with furnace on,6th time started to blow ignition and fuse, took it apart noticed coil wires all dry and brittle, one cap broken off coil so thought I had it figured out, put brand new could wires hole works in and thought we had it, fired it up lots of black smoke and I know what you may be thinking but it has only ran 6 times since new filter and nozzle, turned it off, turn it on again and it fired, black smoke again then it quit, check ignition fuse and it was blown, put another in and it blew again, I have isolated the wiring harness from the Aqua hot and it is all good, hot wired fan motor all good, no cracks,no leaks.

Any idea?

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

3 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Still the same ignition coil? It should fire continuously if power applied to the primary coil wires. I had to replace ours last spring.

Brand new electronic ignition unit,blowing the 15amp fuse (ignition) driving me crazy already

11 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Could the coil connectors inside motor housing be reversed? I never tried to see the behavior if they were... 

Going to check in the morning, going to dream about aqua hot tonight, can't wait

Thanks Ivan

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Just now, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

Going to check in the morning, going to dream about aqua hot tonight, can't wait

Thanks Ivan

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Sweet AH dreams! It is funny but few times I woke up and knew exactly what the fix should be. Other times I knew that I knew it and could not remember....

• Haha 1

Black smoke can be caused by a variety of conditions. One in particular is Low Voltage which causes the motor to run TOO slow. That motor is also the FAN that brings in fresh air to mix with the diesel.

Do you have the service manual which includes troubleshooting steps to determine what and where to look for causes? If not go here to retrieve you models manual. You didn't post what Aqua-Hot model you have.

There is one full page on causes for Black Smoke in the Model 100-02 on Page 70 Section 9 General Troubleshooting.

http://www.aquahot.com/library.aspx

If you run out of ideas and totally frustrated, you can ship the Webasto off to John Carrillo in Colorado and he will go through it completely replacing anything that is worn or failed, bench test it and ship it back with his service warranty.

https://heatmyrv.com/

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Thanks 1

Morning 

Thanks guys

Took the motor out this morning,  Air mailed to Alberta coach and chassis as a core,they are sending me a new one, brining batteries in this morning for load test, also sent electrical module with the motor. Low voltage and fuel pressure are crucial,  you are correct. 

Fingers crossed

Thank again will let you know the outcome.

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar