New carpet or tile.

I would like to replace the carpet in my 2007  dynasty. I’ve read where there’s more to it than just putting in new carpet. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for people that do that kind of work in motorhomes?  I live in California but I can travel. I would actually like to put in new tile but not sure with the weight on the slides if that’s possible.

Don

Don

I put all new carpet (I like white expensive carpet) feels nice on the feet,warm. I took out the seats/sofas and that's it. The most labor extensive part was tearing out the old with all the staples, buy lots of blades for your knife, I hammered all the old staples back into the wood, nothing was rusty or wet/ moldy ,nice and dry.

would I would do better next time is try to keep all the areas in one piece, I have a fairly large garage, so in saying that we took the pieces out laid it onto the new carpet and cut/traced everything out, mind you we had washed the garage floor to ensure everything stayed clean, air stapler and away we went. 2 days of labor and I think it was 2100 for carpet /staples and looking after a friend to help out. I have the original heated tile in bathroom and galley that I will not get rid of, my wife hates it but she says "it's your coach" do what you want.

vacuum often,shampoo once year/ more often if needed. When it looks and starts to get worn  I will throw it out and do it again.

I like carpet, I like the retro look, I still Remeber the first prevost  that I traveled in, 1980 streetheart band bus, we new the driver so he dropped the band off for the night to perform and pick us up and we headed to a party,  what an entrance that was!

Good Luck

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

I replaced the carpet three years ago with a thick pile carpet and the thickest padding available. All I did was unbolt the two chairs and the two couches. The carpet installers did all the rest and took on a couple of hours. The biggest problem was finding a shop who would install carpet in RV's. Their reluctance surprised me, which I still don't understand because there's nothing really unique. Make sure to see that they do a neat job in the driver's area.

The area to be covered is so small you probably can find/afford a highest-quality remnant. Keep looking if you don't find what you will be happy with.

I live in the Phoenix area & have installed carpet in several motor homes -- It is about a 3/4 day job -- The coach is not livable during that time -- I move the bed box to the living area & completely strip the bedroom -- After the bedroom is complete, then I do the front -- Bill Willard ---   williampwillard@gmail.com    480-540-7377