Is tire upgrade possible

I have to make a correction about the travel weight on my ih-45. Fat fingers are to blame and my actual  travel weight is 53,000 lbs+/-.

The Foretravel ih-45 does not have a straight axle instead has IFS(Independent Front Suspension) and is rated at 21,000GAWR. The Drive Axle is rated at 23,000GAWR and the Tag Axle is rated at 14,000GAWR. The total coach weight is 58,000GAWR and 78,000GCWR, Front axle weight is +/_ 19,000GAWR, Drive axle is +/- 21,000GAWR and the Tag axle is at +/- 13,000.

I do not have to make any manual adjustments to the air in the tag axle for any weight transfer because the Active Air System continuously Monitors and Adjusts the air pressure in each air bag for any load or weight shift and keeps the coach fairly well balanced under all conditions.  

4 hours ago, Ivylog said:

So working backwards your steer are 18,500, drive 24,000, and tag 15,500… more or less. So the tag is probably putting 3,000 lbs on the steers so the drive is legal at 24,000. Time to put the tag in front of the drive like they were years ago.

Just an F Y I on TAG axles VS PUSHER AXLES;  

What is the difference between a tag axle and a pusher axle?

“Whereas a tag axle is located behind the drive axles to take some of the weight off the rear drive axles when the vehicle is fully loaded, a pusher axle is positioned in front of the drive axles, adding stability to the chassis during cornering,” 
That's why you see Pusher axles on QUAD axle dump trucks. 
Edited by Paul A.
grammer

On 9/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, Ivylog said:

A Intregra  Connerstone was parked next to me this week and I was surprised it had 365s on the front and 6 315s on the rear with a ISL engine. If it weighed enough to need that much tire, (he had not weighed yet) it had to be a slug.

Cornerstone should have had an ISX, or X15 depending on the year.

20 minutes ago, pete.miller77 said:

Ivylog, I see you're down on Michelin. What brand do you buy?

Ran nothing but Michelin for 40+ years until they would not stand behind the XRV tires (10+ years ago) that had serious blowout problems. Today there are plenty of good radial tires and Toyo and Hankook being at the top of my list for the rear. Have used Firestone and currently Continental 315s on the front… took off cracking Michelins when I bough the rig 3 years ago.

Currently there is a shortage of truck tires so not many choices. Decided I’d rolled the dice on the other 6 Michelin’s long enough and the only guaranteed fresh (2321) 11R22.5 my local guy could get and that he’s been using successfully were Americus, made in Thailand…$2247 out the door for 6 tires or $375 each. Asked if he would try and sell the Michelin’s… NO Way and rolled them to the junk pile shaking his head that I’d run them as long as I had.