Class A mirrors

Alright so i may be in the wrong topic area, however a while ago i had issues with my outside mirrors so i was lookin where to find information. Looking thru online companys didnt reveal much for my design, others said to remove it an have it recoated. So i shelved my quest for a later time as it felt like a rabbit hole, then i got this brain fart to go look in my owners manual. I found a envolope with some info from “Ramco Engineering 800-321-4819) it spoke of the wiring for my mirror head wiring for all the circuits within, however it was dated 1998🙀 When i called an spoke to the parts department gave them my model year a coach design they knew exactily the parts an in fact still carry them. There is one issue in that the main “mirror head” is only available in black however all the other pieces are still in chrome.

Guest Ray Davis
57 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Alright so i may be in the wrong topic area, however a while ago i had issues with my outside mirrors so i was lookin where to find information. Looking thru online companys didnt reveal much for my design, others said to remove it an have it recoated. So i shelved my quest for a later time as it felt like a rabbit hole, then i got this brain fart to go look in my owners manual. I found a envolope with some info from “Ramco Engineering 800-321-4819) it spoke of the wiring for my mirror head wiring for all the circuits within, however it was dated 1998🙀 When i called an spoke to the parts department gave them my model year a coach design they knew exactily the parts an in fact still carry them. There is one issue in that the main “mirror head” is only available in black however all the other pieces are still in chrome.

Rik,   The owner of this forum, Dave Pratt is in the plating business.   They chrome plate mirror parts along with all the other things they plate.

Give them a shout,  https://www.spacecoast-plating.com/    they have a great web site.  Maybe Dave will chime in.

Image result for space coast plating melbourne fl

Edited by Ray Davis

Good tip on SpaceCoast Plating... I have used them and they really do a great job.

Separately, Rik, this summer while driving, I was getting a reflection of the sun into my eyes from the tops of the mirror arms... I'm going to paint the tops of those arms flat black to eliminate that glare/reflection.

Ken

Oh i remember reading about spacecoast, i have heard there work is awsome. I was reaching out cause i may need a hard part, seems my bolt that holds the arm on is siezed in place and if i cant convince it to unscrew im gonna need some hard parts. Kinda figured if i am having issues other folks may have like problem.F54A4D30-BFF2-48CF-8B6D-ABE2114F6F08.thumb.jpeg.d2177eba70f701bc6206929d591a703e.jpeg

Rik, if yours (Ramco) are similar to mine, those heads are actually plastic. I’ve discussed my issues with Dave and you’ll find that he can plate the arms, but not the head.  Dave keeps some of the replated parts in stock, so he can help with them.  I’m not sure what to do on the chromed head however.