Installing new airbags

Getting ready to install new air bags on the rear of my 2001 HR Ambassador.  I went under the MH this evening and would like to know how to remove the air lines from the T fitting that comes out of the top of the bag. Was a little hard to get a good look at this area. Is it a slid in fitting and do I need a special tool to get this done? Thanks      

Guest 99 dynasty

Does anybody know how to get unsubscribed from this. I have sent unfollow messages. Tried to change preferences to one email a month with list. Nothing gets a response and my mail box blows up. If anybody has an idea how I would appreciate it. Sorry it’s not on this topic but nothing so far works. 
thanks

jim

Very difficult to disconnect air line while working blind with one hand. Just cut the air line near the fitting (razor knife, pruning shears ). Deal with the fitting after you remove the air bag. Two inch steel pipe 11 inches long works great for blocking up the coach. Place one near each air bag. I hope this helps. Mike

• 1 month later...

Flare nut wrenches are your friends. In my case, loosen the crimp nut and work out the line. Depending, you may be able to pull the bags with the line attached for easier access (just don't pull to hard on the lines). Move the fittings to the new airbags, use air/gas pipe dope or teflon tape. I added straps on my suspension (1996 Magnum 4-bag) to prevent the suspension pulling on the bags when fully lifted by the levelers.

Take a look at zmotorsports posts on IRV2 for his air bag replacement. I think he has some YouTube videos on it also. He provides some great detail. He is an expert technician. I’ve tried to get him over here to this forum but no luck as of yet.