File A Claim With Coachnet

FishAR

Had a crank but no start situation in Alabama on our way to Florida at a campground. I changed the fuel filters but still no start. Called coachnet, they said they'd arrange a tow. I asked about a mobile mechanic and they said they could do that but if it didn't work and I then needed a tow they wouldn't pay for it, so I figured I had no choice but to tow.

Wrecker came out pretty quickly. I asked him whether he was going to take the driveshaft loose or pull the axles, he says "We're only going about 7 miles, I can tell you that going that far won't hurt anything and I've been doing this 22 years". I Informed him he wouldn't be moving my motorhome without doing one or the other. Disgusted, he tried to get his portly self under there and couldn't so he called the truck shop and they sent someone out to do it for him. I was so disgusted by this time I didn't noticed he didn't remove the rear flap until we were following him down the road. I didn't really think anymore about it until a few days later when I discovered it had got into my rear electrical bay door and bent the 45 degree bend on the bottom into a 90 degree bend.

The damage I did find while he was asking me to sign for the tow and told him I'd be calling his boss for reimbursement for repairs:
Front electrical bay door now not aligned with front cap
Crack in front cap from electrical bay door opening about an inch long
Misaligned front cap
Scuffs in bottom of front cap, mainly in the clear protective covering, obviously done by him due the the now bent license plate.
And now the bottom flange on the rear electrical door needs to be rebent and painted.
And a scuff at the bottom of the fiberglass in front of the front passenger side tire.

He took pictures, I took pictures. He reached in and rebent a front cap brace and straightened up the front a little bit and acted like he'd done something great. I got his boss's info to call.

I registered a complaint with coachnet when they called me back asking how everything was and they asked if I wanted to file a claim. I said yes but give me a few days, I need to get to florida to our winter site. She told me to look on the app, I thought I saw File A Claim on there but now that I'm at our resort I can't find it. I guess I'll call them tomorrow along with the tow operator supervisor.

Has anyone ever done the file a claim thing with coachnet for something like this?

I guess I'll have to pull up stakes and take the motorhome 40 miles to Ft. Myers and get estimates sometime soon.

BTW the problem was a loose connection from the ECM to the lift pump.

I had this happen a few months ago. Make sure you get it to the proper engine shop.

I was towed to a deisel shop & $2000 later found they didnt have test equip.

Went to Cat authorized shop, 4 hours diagnosed ECM.  $6000 fix + hotels & first shop $2000. Hope you have insurance.

Was a choker, just bought it, no warranty 3 days before.

56 minutes ago, bunlacken said:

I had this happen a few months ago. Make sure you get it to the proper engine shop.

Went to Cat authorized shop, 4 hours diagnosed ECM.  $6000 fix + hotels & first shop $2000. Hope you have insurance.

I just bought coachnet roadside before we left for florida. If I hadn't I'd have called a mobile mechanic.

Alabama Heavy Truck in Troy is where we went, they were great. Spend the night there and there were people climbing around testing connections all morning. $600 was kind of tough but I was fully expecting a lift pump replacement and I figured that would run 2 grand maybe.

1 hour ago, bunlacken said:

Jack, what kind of insurance did you get and at what cost?  I've been considering this but thought it was very expensive for an older coach, we have an '05 Beaver Patriot.

This might be a good time for members to look over their options and knowledge when such emergencies happen.  In the heat of the chase one will make wrong decisions that will cost them a lot of money to just get the necessary repairs to get back on the road again.  Add to that the stress of not getting to your destination as planned.  

Meanwhile the majority of our members do not monitor this site until they have a problem expecting those who do to come up with a magic solution.  Many of them do not return to this site to help others.  JMHO,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

This might be a good time for members to look over their options and knowledge when such emergencies happen.  In the heat of the chase one will make wrong decisions that will cost them a lot of money to just get the necessary repairs to get back on the road again.  Add to that the stress of not getting to your destination as planned.  

Meanwhile the majority of our members do not monitor this site until they have a problem expecting those who do to come up with a magic solution.  Many of them do not return to this site to help others.  JMHO,

No information is better than bad information. Lots of members may not possess any knowledge about Monaco systems. I know I've only owned this Monaco for around 4 months. I did some work on it for my mother before I ended up buying it from her.

I talked to coachnet. They told me to get an estimate and email it to them, and make sure everything is on it as in there may be damage that I haven't even seen yet.

Waiting on a call back from North Trail RV.

Coachnet is going to make sure the wrecker company pays the bill.

My tow job was from coach'net.

They will tow you where you want but in my discussions with FMCA $ Good Sam they will only tow you to a Cat or Cummings for engine associated problems.

All of them will give you one time tow. We got towed twice by coach'net because they hadn't told us it was a one time tow.

Our situation became complicated because we called coach'net for on site road service to try a fix, when that didnt work we were towed to the road service diesel shop. (first mistake) as they didnt have the Cat test module for the ECM.  4 days later we find this out.

Left there & got towed to a Caterpillar service center 7 miles away and they did the repair & kept to the time table they first told us. 

This happened to us in Idaho a lot of miles from home in NJ. Next time we will use FMCA as they appear to have their act together & their towing would have saved us a bundle as tge would have towed to Caterpillar right off.

Lessons learned

Guest Ray Davis
9 minutes ago, bunlacken said:

Next time we will use FMCA as they appear to have their act together & their towing would have saved us a bundle as tge would have towed to Caterpillar right off.

They all sound like they have their act together until you need them then some of them can't find their rear end with both hands, I'm skeptical. 

Over time the feedback has been that Coachnet is the best when it's all said & done.   They are not perfect, but the horror stories that popup about the other companies and the nightmare experiences cause me to stay with Coachnet.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you don't, so you take your chances.  Track record helps one decide.

My 2 Cents:

After leaving the Gillette Rally in July we broke down 60 Miles from civilization and Billings Montana.

Called Coachnet and they found Hanser's Towing of Billings which could accommodate my specific request for flat bed trailer for our 40' coach.

Since we don't Toad:     Hanser sent out a total of three employees with a courtesy car & driver to chauffeur us to TriState Truck Center in Billings. (Cummins et all) ($2,500)

Coachnet and Hanser's made a very worrisome situation into a sigh of relief.

And Then!

Yesterday, the clutch in my pickup stopped working while on errands in town. I called Coachnet and they dispatched my recommended towing company and within the hour, my truck was delivered to the repair shop. All I had to do from home was give the tow operator the address and license number of the truck. Later, I delivered the key to the repair shop and by yesterday evening I was able to pick up my repaired truck.

I never signed anything or saw a bill for towing. By phone, the towing company said everything was taken care of by Coachnet.

My experience with Coachnet has been GREAT.IMG_6078.thumb.jpg.79c42ba3b37d70575cc485c784110b0b.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, with my coach'net double tow in Idaho I never saw a bill either. A local outfit with the right gear was sent to us & knew the area... was good.

Have used FMCA & Good Sam a few times over the past 11 years, same thing no bill for towing. Nice to have when the chips are down.

North Trail RV gave me an appointment for an estimate on Jan. 24. Over a month just to get an estimate, never heard of such a thing. I guess that's why they didn't return my calls, they have enough business to ignore me.

Currently looking for and working with coachnet on finding another place to go.

There are so many bays in their shop, there are so many technicians in their shop, there are so many hours in a day, and so on.  I do not feel they are trying to ignore you.  Would you like it if they put someone to the front of the line thus missing your appointment?  Where I live, one waits for their turn.  

At least they are honest with you saving you a trip.  I do not understand your thinking!   

On 12/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, Gary Petersen said:

My 2 Cents:

After leaving the Gillette Rally in July we broke down 60 Miles from civilization and Billings Montana.

Called Coachnet and they found Hanser's Towing of Billings which could accommodate my specific request for flat bed trailer for our 40' coach.

Since we don't Toad:     Hanser sent out a total of three employees with a courtesy car & driver to chauffeur us to TriState Truck Center in Billings. (Cummins et all) ($2,500)

Coachnet and Hanser's made a very worrisome situation into a sigh of relief.

And Then!

Yesterday, the clutch in my pickup stopped working while on errands in town. I called Coachnet and they dispatched my recommended towing company and within the hour, my truck was delivered to the repair shop. All I had to do from home was give the tow operator the address and license number of the truck. Later, I delivered the key to the repair shop and by yesterday evening I was able to pick up my repaired truck.

I never signed anything or saw a bill for towing. By phone, the towing company said everything was taken care of by Coachnet.

My experience with Coachnet has been GREAT.IMG_6078.thumb.jpg.79c42ba3b37d70575cc485c784110b0b.jpg

Gary, We were towed by the same truck in Billings when we broke down on the way to Gillette. They did a great job. Never made it to the Rally. 🙁

8323C73F-9044-46DF-94C8-92A2BDC3E9BF.jpeg

On 12/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

There are so many bays in their shop, there are so many technicians in their shop, there are so many hours in a day, and so on.  I do not feel they are trying to ignore you.  Would you like it if they put someone to the front of the line thus missing your appointment?  Where I live, one waits for their turn.  

At least they are honest with you saving you a trip.  I do not understand your thinking!   

Well I'll explain it to you. I only want an ESTIMATE. I also expect, as a customer, to be CALLED BACK after leaving 2 voicemails. Not IGNORED for a day or 2.

I gave construction estimates for a number of years. Lots of times I'd have to drive 2 hours to the site to do them. When a customer called, if I was unavailable I called them back within minutes, NOT DAYS.

This has nothing to do with "going to the front of the line", "waiting my turn", or any other of the nonsense you spouted.

Back to the original purpose of the thread, I called Gerzeny's in Nokomis FL yesterday. Immediately got the collision center manager. He immediately made me an appointment for January 6 for an estimate. I thanked him for being so much more competent and concerned than his competition. It's 90 minutes from the resort but well worth it to me to not have to deal with arrogant people who don't return phone calls or even act interested in having my business. I'm trying to book a week around that time now near Sarasota where I have friends so I can play golf and visit with them along with getting my estimate. Going to be hard to do but I'm trying.

I got a claim number and claim representative from coachnet and have sent them pictures of the damage.

I have coachnet.  Don't like them.  Of the times I called for help they pretty much have been more hassle than help.  For towing, probably the best and that's why we keep their coverage.  Customer service is terrible at best, at least it has been for every time I've dealt with them.  Never needed a tow.  But when needing the name/number of a mobile mechanic or tire shop, they come up with nothing.  They ALWAYS want to tow.  Gen not starting?  Tow.  Flat tire, a tow and a new tire.  Muffler dropped, a tow.  Every single time regardless of the help I needed, they come back with towing as the only solution.  My last flat tire, just went flat and needed the bead reset, I needed a mobile tire shop.  Coachnet once again wanted to tow, when I refused that as completely idiotic, they then went with a new tire, the flat one was brand new with less than 500 miles on it, from another state sometime the next day maybe.  I found my own tire shop.  Les Schwab of the Dalles, OR. which promptly ripped me off, charged two hours to re bead the tire with the air blaster, did not need to remove the tire, the shop was a couple miles away from where I was parked, and charged that amount, $240, without shame.  Coachnet did pay half of the bill. 

I guess I was raised a little better back in the day.  I admit I have no patience for idiots or lazy people.  I do wonder, how did all the call centers and customer service jobs go to the idiots?  Maybe a big job fair or something?  Sorry, my a** is still burning from my last phone call with the customer service guy at Coachnet.  For towing, they are the best, d*** the luck.

A kind word of advise for Coachnet; take you call center folks out and show them a 40 or 45 footer and ask them how they would go about towing it and if that makes more sense then sending a mobile mechanic.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

• Thanks 1

There is insurance for anything and everything. Just depends on how much you want to pay and what type of coverage you want.

I have been a loyal Coach-Net customer since May 2010. I won't sign up with anyone else.

I have their Emergency Roadside Service called 24/7 Protect. https://coach-net.com/247-protect-2/

They also have insurance for tires and wheels call Hazard Protect. https://coach-net.com/hazard-protect-2/

Then they have insurance for your RV service needs called RV Protect. https://coach-net.com/rv-protect/

They have insurance for your RV exterior and interior called Finish Protection. https://coach-net.com/finish-protect/

So if you want to be FULLY covered for problems while on your travels you have choices.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got my estimate. $16,600. Tow truck really roughed it up. Generator exhaust squashed flat. Front cap needs reglassing of the back side. 

On 12/26/2021 at 3:55 PM, woodylmiller said:

I have coachnet.  Don't like them.  Of the times I called for help they pretty much have been more hassle than help.  For towing, probably the best and that's why we keep their coverage.  Customer service is terrible at best, at least it has been for every time I've dealt with them.  Never needed a tow.  But when needing the name/number of a mobile mechanic or tire shop, they come up with nothing.  They ALWAYS want to tow.  Gen not starting?  Tow.  Flat tire, a tow and a new tire.  Muffler dropped, a tow.  Every single time regardless of the help I needed, they come back with towing as the only solution.  My last flat tire, just went flat and needed the bead reset, I needed a mobile tire shop.  Coachnet once again wanted to tow, when I refused that as completely idiotic, they then went with a new tire, the flat one was brand new with less than 500 miles on it, from another state sometime the next day maybe.  I found my own tire shop.  Les Schwab of the Dalles, OR. which promptly ripped me off, charged two hours to re bead the tire with the air blaster, did not need to remove the tire, the shop was a couple miles away from where I was parked, and charged that amount, $240, without shame.  Coachnet did pay half of the bill. 

I guess I was raised a little better back in the day.  I admit I have no patience for idiots or lazy people.  I do wonder, how did all the call centers and customer service jobs go to the idiots?  Maybe a big job fair or something?  Sorry, my a** is still burning from my last phone call with the customer service guy at Coachnet.  For towing, they are the best, d*** the luck.

A kind word of advise for Coachnet; take you call center folks out and show them a 40 or 45 footer and ask them how they would go about towing it and if that makes more sense then sending a mobile mechanic.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

Tow will be my last option after this debacle.

• 2 weeks later...