Aladdin issue

Does your Silverleaf monitor all the electrical and batteries, compass, temps, etc?

20 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I am also a SilverLeaf user for the past 12 years and a huge fan. I use the VMSpc for monitoring my engine data plus it integrates with the Pressure Pro TPMS if needed.

Some people have gone to the BlueFire system for engine data. Don't know much about that system.

17 minutes ago, willbo777 said:

Yeah, that is what I thought.  So happy a simple resetting of the plugs took care of my issue.  Don't have an idea what to do if the whole system craps out.  I thought Silverleaf offered some system to do all of those things I mentioned.

They DO! I guess you haven't been to their site recently.

Click below to read about their Aladdin Conversion System.

Aladdin Conversions – SilverLeaf Electronics

I posted before that I am in the process of receiving and installing the Silverleaf conversion for the Aladdin.  There are two levels of Aladdin.  The lesser Aladdin system is referred to Aladdin Jr.   I believe that most of the systems in Monaco Coaches are the full system that gives you engine, cameras, shore power, battery, tank levels...    The Silverleaf conversion for the full Aladdin does give you all of this info with a few other features(I am adding inverter monitoring since my inverter has that capabilities).  I just received the kit and will try to lay it out and send some pictures of all included.  There are some differences from coach to coach on what they put in the kit.  If you have interest, you contact Silverleaf(they were very helpful on the phone through the entire process), and they will send you an info email with a form to fill out with the equipment on your bus.  Each kit will be made up for your couches equipment.   https://silverleafelectronics.com//?page_id=2732   More info to come.

There are two different ways I receive information from postings on the monacoers.org group.  The first one is through emails, the other is on the actual group itself.  When I receive a email posting, I am not able to see the year and model coach the poster is referring to.  Since it is a requirement to sign your post with your first name with the beginning letter of your last name, including your coach make, model, and year.  

7 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

They DO! I guess you haven't been to their site recently.

Click below to read about their Aladdin Conversion System.

Aladdin Conversions – SilverLeaf Electronics

Thank you.  No I haven't.

5 hours ago, Marine Boy said:

I posted before that I am in the process of receiving and installing the Silverleaf conversion for the Aladdin.  There are two levels of Aladdin.  The lesser Aladdin system is referred to Aladdin Jr.   I believe that most of the systems in Monaco Coaches are the full system that gives you engine, cameras, shore power, battery, tank levels...    The Silverleaf conversion for the full Aladdin does give you all of this info with a few other features(I am adding inverter monitoring since my inverter has that capabilities).  I just received the kit and will try to lay it out and send some pictures of all included.  There are some differences from coach to coach on what they put in the kit.  If you have interest, you contact Silverleaf(they were very helpful on the phone through the entire process), and they will send you an info email with a form to fill out with the equipment on your bus.  Each kit will be made up for your couches equipment.   https://silverleafelectronics.com//?page_id=2732   More info to come.

I am following your project.  Would you also share the approximate cost of the system?

I am glad to share my costs, but need everyone to understand that it can very from coach to coach depending on your hardware in your coach.  For example my coach has a SafeGuard brand transfer switch that requires an extra module that is $695.  With all of that included my kit was just over $2700 plus shipping and tax.  If you are interested, I would highly recommend to contact Silverleaf and get a quote to match your coaches equipment.  Along with this system, there are other Silverleaf products that can be added that will work in conjunction with this upgrade.  For that call the experts a Silverleaf.   I am not trying to be a salesman for Silverleaf, but I will definitely let you know what I think once I am finish and operating.  I will say so far Silverleaf has been very helpful.

On my 2003 Signature parts connected to the Aladdin system started failing, the rear camera, then the side view cameras, tank levels, monitor, joystick. As each system failed I replaced with independent systems. Finally I lost the Engine and Transmission monitoring function and power to the front Joystick. I installed the Bluefire System and a Fusion 10" Tablet that displays the Data I need in real time. I am not using anything connected to the Aladdin System anymore. I have not removed any of the components as I don't want to inadvertently screw something up. However, if someone needs some components of the system mine are available but would need some help and advice on removing them to make sure I am not stepping on my own toes and compromising something unknown to me. I will be at the gathering in February in Tampa.   

For those interested, I have attached the Silverleaf Aladdin upgrade info package, along with the pictures of the items that are in my kit.  Again, remember that there are differences from RV to RV, so what in is in my kit may not all be the same for yours.   You may notice that the controller attaches directly to the main control module "VMS350".  My understanding is that you can only have one controller and if you have a rear controller in your Aladdin system, it will be replaced with a push button to let you flip through your camera views.

2019 Aladdin Retro Gen 4 Installation Guide.pdf

20220131_111624.thumb.jpg.ad88f818c74a68974b7fc629fcb69866.jpg20220131_111736.thumb.jpg.389ae89af0c9d532030c12137ba37d69.jpg20220131_111740.thumb.jpg.b1dfe5260738ff49014e6ac446367d20.jpg20220131_111752.thumb.jpg.6b3e4023ff40224bfb40e21f6345a2ef.jpg20220131_111811.thumb.jpg.52e4a63c87efc429efe60a2fde856b04.jpg20220131_111820.thumb.jpg.b0aa8e0d0a3737c948f7c5536d1345a2.jpg20220131_111828.thumb.jpg.69c6d0d750705fd2bd6a8c31b53d848a.jpg20220131_111834.thumb.jpg.6df6c8b97afff9ef60dc513e9c154cd8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 8:40 AM, Marine Boy said:

Thank you all for all of the input on this topic.  My Aladdin system just failed and I am in the process of installing a Silverleaf replacement package for the Aladdin.  Not sure I made the best choice.  Will update this post when my install is complete.   Would love to hear any good or bad comments about my choice.

It has been a while since I posted about my project to install the Silverleaf Aladdin conversion in my 2006 Dynasty 42 Diamond IV.  Things got busy for me and the kit sat in a box for the last few months.  I finally found a little time and have almost completed the install, but I need a little help..    I have to say Silverleaf has been great answering my questions as I go.  

My problem is that the power supplied out the the Monaco harness is about 13 volts until I hook up the Silverleaf ECM which drops the voltage down to 1.5 volts, which means a bad connection or bad fuse or....   It is definitely not a bad ground and there is no amperage draw.  The only fuse for the Aladdin system I could find is in the engine compartment passenger side and it is good and holding 13 volts.  Does anyone know of any other fuses for the system or a relay(which could be going bad) or the routing the power wires for the system.  I did find out that the power to the ECM is controlled by the Aladdin reset switch which is a brake circuit switch when the reset is pressed.    If I run a separate 12v wire to the Silverleaf ECM the system works fine.  I am beginning to believe that this low voltage is probably what fried Aladdin ECM.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Marine Boy said:

It has been a while since I posted about my project to install the Silverleaf Aladdin conversion in my 2006 Dynasty 42 Diamond IV.  Things got busy for me and the kit sat in a box for the last few months.  I finally found a little time and have almost completed the install, but I need a little help..    I have to say Silverleaf has been great answering my questions as I go.  

My problem is that the power supplied out the the Monaco harness is about 13 volts until I hook up the Silverleaf ECM which drops the voltage down to 1.5 volts, which means a bad connection or bad fuse or....   It is definitely not a bad ground and there is no amperage draw.  The only fuse for the Aladdin system I could find is in the engine compartment passenger side and it is good and holding 13 volts.  Does anyone know of any other fuses for the system or a relay(which could be going bad) or the routing the power wires for the system.  I did find out that the power to the ECM is controlled by the Aladdin reset switch which is a brake circuit switch when the reset is pressed.    If I run a separate 12v wire to the Silverleaf ECM the system works fine.  I am beginning to believe that this low voltage is probably what fried Aladdin ECM.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I would just grab power somewhere else.   I think the Aladin controller would power down some of its modules, i know it powers down my cameras.   Maybe your on one of the power wires it controlled rather than the wire to the fuse box?   

Is this in the dash or elsewhere?

Hi Grandville,

I agree that the best solution is get a new power feed that I can turn on and off.   The Fuse for the Aladdin is in the engine bay.  The Aladdin reset switch which is just a break switch when activated and is the main power supply controller to the Aladdin ECM(behind dash) is in the overhead above the driver seat.  The wires from the reset switch go into the ceiling and disappear into never-never land.