Dashboard

eyeball

Yes i do because my gas gauge stoped working. I have recently had the gauge fixed at a very expensive fix. But i still use the BlueFire because of all its extra features.

I use one also. I had a Silverleaf VMSpc on my last coach and use it for several years and liked it better. My bluefire keeps dropping the speedometer. It will also just freeze up and stop working every couple hours. I then have to back out of the dash screen and go back to it. Not a big deal just kind of a pain. Also my air gauges and fan speed will sometimes show info on them but it's not correct. 

1 hour ago, RVSSNAKE said:

We use one and have for about three years.

I like it better then the analog gages on the beast now.

Diplomat_BF_32020_Gauges.png

Use one what? Previous messages have discussed both the Silverleaf and the Blue Fire. I am unfamiliar with both so can't recognize it from your image. With all due respect, it would be helpful if you quoted part of the message to which you are replying or were more specific in your message.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Jim McGarvie said:

Use one what? Previous messages have discussed both the Silverleaf and the Blue Fire. I am unfamiliar with both so can't recognize it from your image. With all due respect, it would be helpful if you quoted part of the message to which you are replying or were more specific in your message.

Thanks.

Sorry, the original question was if anyone used the Blue Fire.

The image is of my gauge layout.

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The bluefire just plug in and set up that all 

Eyeball,

Is that a question or statement? 

There is more to it than just plugging in and connecting to your device(Apple, Android or Windows).

You will need to build your dashboard or use a template that is in the app or on the website however not all templates will cover all the gauges your motorhome can transmit. 

I spent quite a bit of  time getting ours to look the way I wanted it too.

I still need to tweak it some as I have gauges on our layout that my 2000 Diplomat wont transmit.

BF Dashboard Pic (2).jpg

Edited by RVSSNAKE

I use a Silverleaf VMSpc.

On mine the ECM doesn't communicate with the fuel gauge, the fuel guage a stand alone system.   I instead use the trip meter which shows gallons full/used and miles driven, miles to empty.  Very accurate compared to the original fuel gauge on the dash.  It works for me, don't hardly even look at the dash gauge anymore but when I do it's never right.

I like your gauge setup, the Silverleaf system isn't as nice. 

1 hour ago, Twomed said:

Ok...thanks, looked at website, so anything with wifi/bluetooth?

Pretty much, of course you want it big enough you can see it at a glance but not so large that it would block your view going down the road.

There are those that have used laptops setting on their dash as well.

Also your Apple and Android devices are more supported that some others and seem to have less issues.

There is a GPS feature in the app now so a device with sim card capability would be nice if you want to also have the ability to display a routing map on the same device.

That does up the price though.

The iPad I use is the one I use for everything else I do with an iPad, it is not dedicated to just BF.

If I were going to look at something that would just be for the BF usage I would and have been looking at Samsung tablets as they are more cost effective than iPads.

If you're looking to cut cost you could also look at refurbished iPads as well. 

iRV2 forum has a couple of threads that are a wealth of information on them as well and I know that the developer of the Blue Fire app also monitors one if not both the threads for feedback on the functionality of the app to continually make improvements. 

I think this is the right link: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/bluefire-dashboard-community-share-427121.html 

There are 34 pages and over 400 posts on the subject if you really want to dive deep into it.

Or do a search for BobGed posts as he is probably one of the more knowledgeable users and a Beta tester on the iRV2 site.

I will say that they will put out updates that sometimes breaks portions of the app but have been generally quick to fix them when they do.

Mark with Blue Fire will also communicate directly with you if you have a question or issue.

I had an issue last year when they came out with a firmware update and he responded the next day and had me send him some logs from my device and got me back on the right track real quick.

5 minutes ago, Twomed said:

Thank you for the time to write this up. I'm sure it answered Bluefire questions for several folks. 🙂

Thanks, I hope someone will find it helpful.

I had a Scanguage D at first but really didn't like how small it was and how you had to punch through different pages to see what you wanted, I had hopes of them bringing out a Bluetoothed version that would operate with Apple and Android, but so far I don't believe they have.

I thought their tech support person I had communicated with at one time said they were working on something but couldn't say anything other than that.

That is the correct link:  https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/bluefire-dashboard-community-share-427121.html 

‘One contributor makes his gauges look really nice (Dark mode is easier on your eyes, and the background is easy to do:

See Examples:

Here is how he does the graphic backgrounds:

“The technique I use is to create the background image in a vector graphics illustration tool. Save that as a 300 dpi .png file. Then on your dash layout create at text gauge and load the file as the 'text image' ... and 'check' the setting 'Show behind all other gauges'. Then on an iPad you change the gauge size to width 1020 height 746 ... and then lock the gauge. That's it.Here's another example. Still fiddling with what to show and what not to show to maximize ease of viewing and not make the display too busy. “

1E182E0B-FFFF-4CA6-896A-3C766B85E4DC.jpeg

65EFDA62-96B5-49F5-B27E-01B9D0936200.jpeg

• 7 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 8:08 AM, StellaTariche said:

That is the correct link:  https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/bluefire-dashboard-community-share-427121.html 

‘One contributor makes his gauges look really nice (Dark mode is easier on your eyes, and the background is easy to do:

See Examples:

Here is how he does the graphic backgrounds:

“The technique I use is to create the background image in a vector graphics illustration tool. Save that as a 300 dpi .png file. Then on your dash layout create at text gauge and load the file as the 'text image' ... and 'check' the setting 'Show behind all other gauges'. Then on an iPad you change the gauge size to width 1020 height 746 ... and then lock the gauge. That's it.Here's another example. Still fiddling with what to show and what not to show to maximize ease of viewing and not make the display too busy. “

1E182E0B-FFFF-4CA6-896A-3C766B85E4DC.jpeg

65EFDA62-96B5-49F5-B27E-01B9D0936200.jpeg

Do you know what the username is who created this gauge using bluefire?