Driver Side Sun Shade

Our 08 Endeavor has separate driver and passenger front window sun shades. The drivers side will now go down but not back up. Changes the switch and still have the problem.

Does anyone know who made these or where we could get a motor or a way to repair

Guest Dive Dive

I had to pull my passenger shade out to find out it was made by Automotion.   I found a dealer in Elkhartthat sells replacement motors

Bradd and Hall.  

However I know there are other OEMs that supplied shades to Monaco.   

I just replaced the motor on our 09 Dynasty electric suncreen roller shade for the passenger window.  I ordered the replacement motor from MCD which is somewhere in the Dallas area.  Fairly easy repair.  I found the company name on the old motor when I removed it.  Yours may be different.  Here's the MCD order form.

Replacement Part-Shade Order Form 10.2019 Interactive.pdf

Just now, GranPrix said:

our coach has shades made by "The Right Track" in Crofton, MD.  great service.

On mine they just snap into metal clamps.  One toward each end.  Just pull down while rotating slightly.  Then unplug or undo the two wires.  I'd go look at our coach but Lazydays has decided they like it so much they've kept it for going on two months now. 

Guest Dive Dive

The part number on my Automotion shade was faded but when I pulled the motor out it’s part number was visible.    On the Bradd and Hall site there’s a little chart the cross references old part to the replacement.   When I looked at it it seems like a lot of old numbers are all be replaced by the same new part number.   The lady told me to always order with the adapter just in case you need it.   It does not cost extra.   You might call them to see if there are other means to identify a part such as measurements.  

Tom, how did you reprogram your shade?   I’m trying to reprogram by driver side shade, which is only operated by a mulitplex switch with no up or down position.  I’ve effectively erased or reset the upper limit and shade will only go up a couple inches and stop.

Appreciate any insight!

Ask the girl at MCD.  She told me how to do it.  I have instructions but I can't get to them right now.  I think my wife pushed/managed the Cockpit Blackout Switch (above the driver) while I worked the little button on the short pigtail from the shade.  It's been a while, can't remember.  It's a little complicated the first time you try to do it.

• 1 month later...

08 Camelot. Both of our front shades would only go up and down about a inch per button push. I took both little  motors apart, I know you’re not supposed to be able to,but if there junk what can you hurt! Cleaned all the gunk out tested on work bench reinstalled been working for 2 years.

I did finally talk to tech support at MCD.  They advised to disconnect the shade from house power and use a battery to program the limits, reversing the battery polarity to set each direction.  Working on fixing the sun shade spring connection first, then will try programming on the black out. 

27 minutes ago, TommyL said:

08 Camelot. Both of our front shades would only go up and down about a inch per button push. I took both little  motors apart, I know you’re not supposed to be able to,but if there junk what can you hurt! Cleaned all the gunk out tested on work bench reinstalled been working for 2 years.

Thanks Tommy, the motor is working fine, just need to get the limits set.