SHARP-R-1850 Microwave

CLIFF918

On 3/6/2022 at 1:23 PM, CLIFF918 said:

Has anyone changed the exhaust fan direction in the rear of oven?

What i want to do is have the exhaust go outside the coach where it belongs, hate that blast of air in your face.

I have ordered the outside vent and cover and am perfectly capable of cutting the hole and the whole mounting thing.

What I don't know is if I will run into any wiring cables etc in the outside wall behind the Microwave ??

Cliff

Can you please post the outside vent kit part number. I'm interested in doing that as well. Thanks.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:58 AM, CLIFF918 said:

I cut it out with the saws all. Did not have an effect on stability of side wall.

I'm curious - before cutting out that side wall metal support, did you look at what other structural support you had in the wall and if cutting that metal support would compromise the wall structural integrity?

6 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

I'm curious - before cutting out that side wall metal support, did you look at what other structural support you had in the wall and if cutting that metal support would compromise the wall structural integrity?

Yes I did Frank. I started with a 3 inch hole saw and found the vertical support then looked on both sides and saw that there were additional supports outside of my area to be cut. With the support from plywood on the inside and the aluminum skin under the outside skin and that the vertical stud that needed to be cut was not load bearing I decided to remove it.

It's been like that for two years and many miles and no structural problems.

I have owned many Rv's and the Monaco is the first one that I have seen Vented inside. In my opinion venting inside does not work well in a house and did not work well in the Monaco thus the decision to vent it outside. 

11 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

Wish they had the outside vent in chrome like my dryer vent instead of black or white.

Snowflakes for sure! My dryer vent is flat with a slot vent opening near the bottom plus it is painted to match the coach.

2006 Dynasty Dryer vent.jpg