SHARP-R-1850 Microwave

CLIFF918

Has anyone changed the exhaust fan direction in the rear of oven?

What i want to do is have the exhaust go outside the coach where it belongs, hate that blast of air in your face.

I have ordered the outside vent and cover and am perfectly capable of cutting the hole and the whole mounting thing.

What I don't know is if I will run into any wiring cables etc in the outside wall behind the Microwave ??

Cliff

Cut through one layer with a pilot hole, open it up and inspect.  Move whatever is in it's way out of the way and continue cutting.  Ideally cutting from the inside first just in case there is something immovable in the way.  Ensure you are between studs when making your cuts.

Edited by DavidL

We have a 2000 Dynasty with the kitchen, living room slide.  Had no trouble cutting a hole for a microwave vent.  Cut from the inside and did not run into any wiring or frame structure.  Good luck and God Bless, Ed

I had Elite Repair & Renovation in Harrisburg Oregon do mine in the Windsor. I showed them photos I had taken of the superstructure when it was cool and damp outside. They didn't have any problems whatsoever.

I now have to do another outside exhaust for the Dynasty.