Stuff Happens - Need Color Match

Had a 10 ft step ladder 9 ft away from the coach that the wind blew over.  I knew it was going to windy Saturday, but not THAT windy!  The damage is done and I'm just looking for touch up paint.  It's not a show coach, $10 repair at most.  Question is:  what color best approximates 2003 HR "gold"?

The ladder has been disciplined.

- bob

0328221202.jpg

0328221202a.jpg

You may have the original paint codes on a tag under the drivers seat.  But that will be the "new" color, not the 20-year old faded color.  

I find it best to take the coach, or a piece of the coach (refrigerator panel) in to a quality automotive paint store and have it computer scanned (matched).  That way, you'll get a very close match to the color the coach is now.

-Rick N.

• Like 2

I'd go to a paint store (automotive?) that can custom mix paints.  Take in a piece of trim or that gas door in your photo and if the shops any good they can match it pretty close.  They can mix you a tiny batch that goes in a bottle with a brush or can put it into a rattle can spray.

-Dennis

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dennis-C said:

I'd go to a paint store (automotive?) that can custom mix paints.  Take in a piece of trim or that gas door in your photo and if the shops any good they can match it pretty close.  They can mix you a tiny batch that goes in a bottle with a brush or can put it into a rattle can spray.

Too expensive and too late.  Ordered a touch-up bottle from Amazon.  Went over budget, too.  $10.70

Get this:  There were 2 left.  Now there's one, and the price went up $1.98 within an hour.  They must be expecting a rush on them. 

511XP41MhML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

- bob

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cubflyer said:

Guess you are going to leave the dent...?  or is that an optical illusion?

Probably.  I usually make the damage more obvious if I try to fix these kind of things. 

#1 Best scenario would be to remove the panel, sandwich the dent between two hard pieces of wood and start beating on the wood . . . maybe even a small block of steel as the top (unpainted) side. 

#2 Or just leave the dent there. 

Door #1 or door #2.  Tell us what he's won, Monty!

Not being adept at this kind of thing I'm open for suggestions.

- bob