Roof Construction

I need to replace my roof air antenna and contacted Monaco to get a diagram of the roof construction for anchoring purposes but they referred me to a dealer to get that info!  They build it but don't know what the built?  Anyway, does anyone have info as to whether there is a plywood panel under the fiberglass roof to secure the new antenna to?

Tom Gibbens

'15 Dynasty

They blew you off.

I gotta believe that a cross section of the roof design is in a marketing piece for them.

But reality is take speaker / vents / out and probe in the roof cavity, make markings, measure where stuff is, transfer that to the roof, pick the right fastener type / length / diameter and put your stuff on the roof and then seal with Dicor / Eternabond.  That's the way to DIY stuff.

We just had a FlexArmor roof coating put on our '06 Diplomat and they repaired a couple of soft spots first where they said the wood had shifted a bit during movement through the years so if it's on ours I'm sure it's on your Dynasty.

Tricia Neuzil

A little history.  Monaco Coach Corp shut down in Mar 2009.  In Jun 2009 Navistar Corp took over and tried to build coaches until they sold it to Allied Specialty in 2013.  Allied Specialty morphed into REV Group which owns the rights to the Monaco name lineup.  Rev group currently manufactures the original Monaco Coaches in name only.   

And as you have found Rev Group is less than helpful to customers working on their own coaches.  

Some of the brochures used to have a roof cross section picture.  You can download the brochures here: Monaco RV Brochures – Monaco Coach Luxury RVs – Class A Motorhomes

You'll also notice they skip the 2015 Dynasty.  This means your coach could be one of the old Roadmaster 10 airbag coaches, or it could be one of the newer REV Group American Coach designs.  But, I do not see a picture of the roof cross section in the 2014 or 2016 brochure.  

Some of the older Monaco brochures (2000-2009) show a cross section of the roof.  If you look at page 11 for the 2008 Dynasty you can see a picture of the roof cross section.  

Then as David says, you'll have to remove some speakers or vents and verify if yours looks like the 2008 picture.  Hope you get it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If your coach has a ducted a/c system with access to the return plenum, you can remove the grill on the ceiling and likely see straight up to the roof a/c. In most cases the sides are unfinished so you will likely see first hand a cross section of your roof. You can similarly remove the plastic interior fitting of any vent fan and see the unfinished cross section.