Battery Drain

WaynBo

My 2006 Monaco Cayman has an issue with the chassis batteries going dead after a day or so. I have traced the problem to the front distribution panel Accessory #1 Relay circuit. Does anyone know what items are on that relay so i can disconnect them one by one until i fine the problem?  

IMG_7038.jpeg

So my question is once you pull the relay the draw goes away right… Then if so my question is WHY is the relay staying engauged? Is it recieving a back feed or ? The relay is mearly energizing the circuits it controls, i would be more intrested of how that relay is controled, by key power or ground.

Normally that relay is only turned on by the key switch. That's where I would start looking for the problem. If you can unplug the key switch and that relay shuts off then you need a new key switch.

All good answers: The fuses above do not stop the drain.

I believe the relay must remain on with the ignition switch off because the security/back up camera and Air Dump are supplied by it.

If i pull the reley out as i have in the picture the draw goes away.

One more thing, before i retired i was a automotive mechanic and when i would get a vehicle in with batteries going dead due to a draw, the first thing i would do is speak with the customer to find out “what has recently been done” like someone installed a new radio, alarm or ??? Cause more often than you might think i found someone would Tap into a wrong circuit causing other issues that brought them to me in the 1st place.

Has anything been done to the coach reciently? Also how about critters chewing on things like exposed wires? Have you got any infestations of uninvited furry guests?

I just purchased this coach a couple of months ago and anything that looks different i have checked, still the battery drain.

I have swapped the relays with no change.

The last thing to check is the camera system.

i can't find anything else on that relay?

Are you saying that the camera is always on? Even my little dash cam would kill a battery in few days if left on. I really don't think that your accessory relay should pass any current unless you turn the key. It defeats its purpose.

• Like 1

There is an on / off switch on the camera.

I'm not saying the ignition ACC are on just what the distribution panel has it labeled as.

The question is: Does anyone know what systems or fuses are linked to this relay?

Thanks for al the help with my battery drain issue. as it turned out the ignition switch was faulty. The accessories were staying on with the key off as some of you pointed out. great job and it it now repaired. Thanks Wayne

• Like 1