ironman tire load

gdroberson

OK on our way to Redding ca from bullhead city first trip in this new to us MH 01 holiday Rambler 30'have 6 new ironman 255/70r 22.5 load rang h tires trying to find the chart that will give me the pressure to set the tires at had I weighed at the first scale we got to and the weight is 6660 on front ax. and 14740 on the back 21400 total can I use any chart or does it have to be Ironman cant seam to find a chart for them and how do I do the rear divide by 4 or what any help will be appreciated Thanks Gary

I would say that your H rated tires are a big overkill for that weight. Stiffer than necessary but more plies don't hurt otherwise.. Every tire has a minimum pressure, I believe mine is 85 PSI just to keep it seated on the rim. There should be a minimum listed for yours too, regardless of the inside sticker.

do not find a min on cold weight but I did find a load chart for truck tires by a co. called doublecoin  load inflation chart  and it says that for my size tire and weight it should be 65lb front and 75 lb back    but would like some other input on this dot wont to go to low and have problems thanks

Gary,

You're on the right track by getting your coach weighed. 😎
As long as the tire size is standard for your coach, with your tires being capable of carrying much more than needed, I'd stick with the recommended weights on the placard.  Ride may be a little stiffer, but you'll be safe.

If you do find a chart for your specific tires, then you can drop down to the chart weight recommendations.