Trick to installing underslide seals

Hi all - I have a seal that has come off or may never have been on my slide properly and after trying and trying can’t get it to seat on the pinch weld.  The YouTube videos make it seem easy.  Any tool or trick to figure this out?  Any source for new seals?

Anand

2B63825C-19F1-47F1-810F-225560802FF0.jpeg

513E792A-7EC3-40C6-90EF-A3BE88038A51.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I'd bet that most installers of that seal have to jack up the slide from the bottom to accomplish the task correctly.

That's what I would do.

If its a rack and pinion drive system, loosen off the adjustment bolts so you aren't bending anything.

Guest Ray Davis

My 03 Windsor has a wiper seal on the bottom but it doesn't have the 2 bulbs.  Mine is more like a garage door bottom seal and is held on by many screws and fender washers.  I think mine may have been rigged up by a previous owner or tech, however it functions ok.   If I was going to do something like mine instead of washers    I would probably use a long metal strip with holes and screws. Looks something like this.                     I figured they were built like mine, but now maybe it was because they couldn't get one like yours the ( right one ) to stay on.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Slide-Out-Parts/Steele-Rubber/SR29FR.html

image.png.fe66f09bec29651fdf585048d4492fd7.png

Edited by Ray Davis

I certainly don't want to hijack this thread from the slide seal question but ....

Couldn't help but notice that your picture shows evidence of slide floor rot. You may want to check out Talin Manufacturing's solution - Guardian Plates. Their web site http://talinman.com/guardianplates/ includes valuable background information concerning Monaco's slide construction process and how we can easily resolve (click on Educational Videos link). Currently, I am waiting for my Guardian Plates to arrive and in the meantime, replacing all the slide seals. 

• Like 1

Ray, my 02 Windsor had the same type of bottom seal (flat wiper with fender washers and screws) on all three slides, and it came from the factory that way. The 06 Dynasty has the same similar one on the large roadside slide but then has the bulb type bottom seal on the two bedroom slides. 

Guest Ray Davis
13 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Ray, my 02 Windsor had the same type of bottom seal (flat wiper with fender washers and screws) on all three slides, and it came from the factory that way. The 06 Dynasty has the same similar one on the large roadside slide but then has the bulb type bottom seal on the two bedroom slides. 

Richard,  Thanks, that is interesting, makes me feel a little better.   Now I wonder if the OP's slide seal is supposed to have the bulbs or not. Looking at his picture I don't  see any holes where screws would have been so it probably has the right seal.

1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

Richard,  Thanks, that is interesting, makes me feel a little better.   Now I wonder if the OP's slide seal is supposed to have the bulbs or not. Looking at his picture I don't  see any holes where screws would have been so it probably has the right seal.

My bottom seal on my drivers side bedroom slide is a double bulb seal just like that one.

Guest Ray Davis
4 minutes ago, veraken said:

Haven't done it yet, but it's on the list.  Here's a picture I found using metal strips to hold the seal in place, the irv2.com link, and a video which may help.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=237868&d=1552456998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao1rmknSsYY

Thanks for the picture Ken.  That's what I envisioned if I redid mine, looks really noce.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237868&d=1552456998

Move the slide in about 10 inches so it goes up the ramp then you can work on the seal. My unit has a straight wiper seal that is heald in by a strip and screws as shown. I don't think the bulb seal is correct. 

I does have the pinch weld and the bulb seal seems to go all the way around but if I can’t get it on I might just cut it out and convert to the wiper seal 😃   Will try 10 inches out, did try several positions but might be helpful with a helper who can find the high point outside.  We revert back when I can.  Now concerned about the guardian plates.  Not going to be able to get them in time for a long summer trip, might try to fabricate a replica for the corners on this slide until I can get the guardian plates delivered and do the rest while I’m at it.