Blue Sea ML-ARC wiring??

Can anyone confirm the 2 wires (white & purple) coming off the Trombetta? I assume one is ground. They both appear to go into the engine compartment. I know that I need to attach the ground to the ML-ARC at a minimum.

IMG_4601 (002).jpg

IMG_4602 (002).jpg

IMG_4604 (002).jpg

On mine, the purple wire goes to the switch and the white wire is ground.  You should be able to confirm with a multi-meter. 

Mine has a grounding bus bar.  I don't see one in your pictures but I'd be surprised if you don't have one in the vicinity.  In my opinion it would be better to utilize that than to potentially overload existing wires.

2 hours ago, Ted Carbonaro said:

I don’t have a wiring diagram but will search for one. Yes I will be replacing both battery disconnect switches. 

In the Downloads section under wiring diagrams there is a wiring diagram for a 2006 Windsor Camelot Sceptor.

It should show the wiring, I know my 2002 Windsor wiring diagram shows this a "Violet" wire going from my Isolation Solenoid to the boost switch on the dash. 

Purple wire goes to your dash switch and white wire goes to a ground buss bar located in your Rear Run Bay aka RRB.

When you activate the momentary dash switch labeled AUX Start that will close the relay combining the House & Chassis Batteries together.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reverse could also be true. The purple wire could run over to a 12 VDC contact point and the white wire could run up to the dash switch which when activated would complete the ground circuit. Monaco had done some pretty strange stuff in the past.

JMHO

I believe that the purple wire comes from the Salesman Switch near the entrance door.  The other side of that switch is ground.  So, the purple wire provides a ground when "energized".  That would mean (although I have no drawings that show) must be +12 VDC.  That should be easy to confirm, by simply connecting a voltmeter from chassis ground to the white wire.  If you have +12 VDC (in either switch position) then you know - the white wire supplies the +12 VDC and the purple wire supplies the ground to energize the relay (solenoid).

-Rick N.

Ted

On my 2006 Windsor the purple wire comes from the 12v front run panel and will send voltage to the solenoid from the Battery Boost switch and/or the IRD/BIRD.  The white is negative.    

My BIRD was in my passenger side electrical bay near my Isolation Solenoid.  The violet wire came from the Isolation relay, connected to the BIRD and then went to the dash switch. 

Can you pull the auxillary start switch and see if there is a violet wire there.

My switch is in the dash above the steering column and I've had my dash out several times for different reasons.  So when I had to install the Bluesea switch I just took out all the screws out and leaned the dash forward so I could work on it.  Since Monaco daisy chained the ground wire there's not much extra wiring to play with so doing it this way made installing the switch easier. 

Once the dash was leaning forward I pulled the back wiring harness off and then removed the switch from the dash, there are some tabs that you depress to pull it out. 

Then it was just a matter of wiring.  Look closely at the wires and location, a lot of the wires are white but mine have a label stamped onto the wire itself. 

I made a stupid mistake and had put a ground wire into the wrong location, blew a fuse but it was for the dash/switch back lights which I didn't know until I driving at night and could see my switches.  Took me a while to figure that out until someone asked "what was the last thing you did" so I went back and checked and saw my mistake.