Siri ya 7 way plug

I have a 01 Monaco Dynasty that I’m trying to wire a 7 way plug to pull my car trailer. Does anyone know where I can find the brake wire for this plug. Thanks in advance. 

Unfortunately, you're going to have to install a trailer brake controller up front and run a brake wire to the rear of the coach (unless a previous owner already has). 

Monaco started trailer brake prewiring around the 2005-2006 model years.

Edited by vito.a

7 hours ago, vito.a said:

Unfortunately, you're going to have to install a trailer brake controller up front and run a brake wire to the rear of the coach (unless a previous owner already has). 

I looked for one and didn’t fine it, I thought maybe the coach had one build in. Thanks for the info. 

9 hours ago, vito.a said:

Depending on what kind of braking system you have in your tow vehicle, you may not need this step.  My 2003 Holiday Rambler had an open harness with brake light being one of the wires.  My invisibrake in the tow vehicle activates the brakes based on that brake light.  You may just need to splice into your brake light.

5 hours ago, Adam_C said:

Depending on what kind of braking system you have in your tow vehicle, you may not need this step.  My 2003 Holiday Rambler had an open harness with brake light being one of the wires.  My invisibrake in the tow vehicle activates the brakes based on that brake light.  You may just need to splice into your brake light.

This for my enclosed car trailer. 

I hauled a 30-foot Pace Cargo Trailer all the time we were on the road Full-Time RVing in our 02 Windsor. So I had to do all of the wiring myself to install a Tekonsha Brake Controller. Luckily I had Rex Darley (RIP) help me at the time.

Here is what you have to do. The biggest job is to run a 10 gauge 50 foot Blue wire from the drivers area to the rear engine compartment where the 7-Way Connector is or will be located. The second largest job will be finding the negative brake signal then turning it into a positive brake signal using a relay. My negative brake signal was located in a small box up in the Front Run Bay aka FRB labeled Monaco Box #2.

Finally, the easiest part is locating a 12 VDC positive and negative source for the brake controller.

Once you have those four important wires then you are ready to wire up the brake controller.

Make sure that the 7-way connector is wired correctly with the location of each wire as shown on the 7-way wire chart.

Monaco #2 Gray Plug-01.jpg

Monaco #2 Gray Plug-02.jpg

Prodigy Brake Relay-01.JPG

Prodigy Brake Relay-02.JPG

Prodigy Brake Relay-03.JPG

Unified Tow Brake Controller Brake Signal.pdf 4-6-7 Way Wiring Diagram.pdf

Edited by Dr4Film

Steven, the only way to tell is to see if you have a small Monaco #2 box in the FRB. If so, then remove the Grey plug to read what the writing is on the wires. Specifically the one where you see the blue wire tap in the photo I posted.

11 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Steven, the only way to tell is to see if you have a small Monaco #2 box in the FRB. If so, then remove the Grey plug to read what the writing is on the wires. Specifically the one where you see the blue wire tap in the photo I posted.

Ok. Thank you. 

On 6/23/2022 at 8:31 AM, Dr4Film said:

I hauled a 30-foot Pace Cargo Trailer all the time we were on the road Full-Time RVing in our 02 Windsor. So I had to do all of the wiring myself to install a Tekonsha Brake Controller. Luckily I had Rex Darley (RIP) help me at the time.

Here is what you have to do. The biggest job is to run a 10 gauge 50 foot Blue wire from the drivers area to the rear engine compartment where the 7-Way Connector is or will be located. The second largest job will be finding the negative brake signal then turning it into a positive brake signal using a relay. My negative brake signal was located in a small box up in the Front Run Bay aka FRB labeled Monaco Box #2.

Finally, the easiest part is locating a 12 VDC positive and negative source for the brake controller.

Once you have those four important wires then you are ready to wire up the brake controller.

Make sure that the 7-way connector is wired correctly with the location of each wire as shown on the 7-way wire chart.

Monaco #2 Gray Plug-01.jpg

Monaco #2 Gray Plug-02.jpg

Prodigy Brake Relay-01.JPG

Prodigy Brake Relay-02.JPG

Prodigy Brake Relay-03.JPG

Unified Tow Brake Controller Brake Signal.pdf 174.62 kB · 2 downloads 4-6-7 Way Wiring Diagram.pdf 9.43 kB · 3 downloads

I hate to bother you but my fuse box is different then yours. image.thumb.jpg.5a4b0fb52a198ebbeafb90ff7db23df5.jpg

I have the same FRB that you have.  I recently found a copy of the 2001 Electrical Wiring diagrams for 2001 Dynasty's.  If you are looking for this information you can search this forum for "2003 Owners Manuals" by myrontruex.  He included a link for his information which includes a file for 2001 Dynasty.  The file is titled A 2001 Dynasty...

Thank you again Myron T.