No water

Hancoman

Hello all. On our last trip we suddenly get no water from the hot side of our kitchen faucet. Changed the cartridge today, still no water from the hot side. All other faucets have water from the hot side bathroom, bedroom and shower. Any Ideas ?

Check the Manablock in the basement.  Its the blue plastic water distribution manifold.  It has on/off valves for each faucet.  

Is your kitchen sink in a slideout?

If so then you'll need to check the plumbing from coach to slide.  

Water filter is only for cold water side.   Do you get cold water through the faucet?

You might have to take the faucet apart and check for blockage.  When was the last time you flushed you hot water heater, over time I get a pretty good build up of sediment, not likely but it might be possible to get a slug of this to your faucets.

4 hours ago, Hancoman said:

Cold water works . When you turn the faucet to hot it stops. I will have to unhook the hot and see if I have flow. I did take the faucet apart and put in a new cartridge.

Did you put the new cartridge in before or after this issue?  Depending on model, cartridge can go in reversed and will cause your problem, or the hot/cold could be reversed.

Tom, probably not your problem, but I had a similar situation after closing and reopening the shutoff valve at the sink. What I found was the rubber seal had swollen in diameter and had pulled of the stem of the valve in the closed position, thus limiting flow. My MH has Qest valves and the seal is pressed onto the stem. go figure.

Finally got around to working on the no hot water problem, Vito you were correct somehow the kitchen water had been turned off on the Manablock in the basement.  

Also finished work on the kitchen drain in the slide out where the flex tube broke.  Hard work for a fat old man that doesn’t bend very well anymore, next time I will pay to have it done