2001 Dynasty Electrical Wiring Diagrams

StephenW

I am trying to troubleshoot some electrical gremlins in my Dynasty that seem to come and go.  I have been looking for the complete electrical wiring diagrams for a 2001 Dynasty to help me track down problems.  If anyone might have a copy I would appreciate any opportunity to acquire a copy.

Thank you in advance,

Stephen White

2001 Monaco Dynasty

2 hours ago, StephenW said:

I am trying to troubleshoot some electrical gremlins in my Dynasty that seem to come and go.  I have been looking for the complete electrical wiring diagrams for a 2001 Dynasty to help me track down problems.  If anyone might have a copy I would appreciate any opportunity to acquire a copy.

Thank you in advance,

Stephen White

2001 Monaco Dynasty

image.jpg

I had this copied for a gentleman in Ohio it was right at 80 dollars 

Thank you all so much. I am constantly amazed at the abundance of information on this forum and the willingness of the members to share.  Sorry I have taken so long to respond as I have been painting the house. Trying to stay ahead of the fall rains.

I live in Astoria Oregon, not very close to any RV shops so I try to do as much as I can myself.

Thanks again,

Stephen White

We have a had a few gremlins in ours as well.  Neither of us is "electrical", but have managed to figure out most issues.  The last stubborn on is the plug ins up front no longer work.  We have checked fuses and relays.  All other systems work fine...lights, micro, fridge, etc.  Any thoughts?  Suggestions?

*Also, it was a newbie mistake and outlets were overloaded....just can't seem to find the fix.

33 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Is this 120v outlets?  I believe it is, so what things up do not work?  Is it just outlets or is it other things too, like TV etc?

Yes, just the 120v outlets up front and the overhead where tv is plugged in.  Lights, micro, fridge all work...as well as the outlets in cabinets in kitchen area.

35 minutes ago, traveltimes3 said:

Yes, just the 120v outlets up front and the overhead where tv is plugged in.  Lights, micro, fridge all work...as well as the outlets in cabinets in kitchen area.

the TV may have been on a special Ignition Controlled Box or device....that would prevent the TV from coming on when the ignition switch was in the ON position.  If this is defective, then that would explain the issue.  Similar, but not related. Look at your drawing or down load them to see how the TV is wired.  There will also be a schematic of the MH with all the outlets and where they are connected....and how they are fed. 

Guest Ray Davis
40 minutes ago, traveltimes3 said:

Ok I hope I can help since I had the same problem.    I have an 03 Windsor so your coach may be entirely different, but I will try to explain what I found.

The front and pass side slide was missing 120v.  After hrs & hrs of looking for the problem I discovered that the wires left the breaker headed up to the center above the ceiling where there must be a channel for wires.  The wire headed straight to the TV receptacle and in that box was a junction that fed the fron as well as the pass slide.   A twist on wire nut had come loose.   A 5 minute repair but untold hrs tracing the wire.   I litteraly tore the coach apart finally ended up at the TV of all places.

Edited by Ray Davis

27 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

Look at your inverter and be sure non of the circuit breakers on the inverter box have tripped.

I have checked that.  Thank you.  It was a lengthy and very demeaning conversation with a tech rep at the company.  When I finally suggested that he either get off his high horse and help or transfer me to someone who could walk me through that process, he finally did and found that all things there seemed to check out.

19 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Ok I hope I can help since I had the same problem.    I have an 03 Windsor so your coach may be entirely different, but I will try to explain what I found.

The front and pass side slide was missing 120v.  After hrs & hrs of looking for the problem I discovered that the wires left the breaker headed up to the center above the ceiling where there must be a channel for wires.  The wire headed straight to the TV receptacle and in that box was a junction that fed the fron as well as the pass slide.   A twist on wire nut had come loose.   A 5 minute repair but untold hrs tracing the wire.   I litteraly tore the coach apart finally ended up at the TV of all places.

I think we are at the point of doing that.  We have hesitated in trying to undo as much as possible for fear of messing something up or not getting it back in place.  That being said, we are to that point I believe.  I have all the wiring diagrams and have begun to trace what I can.  Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Guest Ray Davis

Will it be difficult to get at the TV plug?  If not bypass tearing the coach apart and go there first.  Hopefull that will solve the problem.

11 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Will it be difficult to get at the TV plug?  If not bypass tearing the coach apart and go there first.  Hopefull that will solve the problem.

Tearing the coach apart will be a LAST resort, but I will go digging to see what I can find.   Not afraid to undo a panel and put it back to check on stuff.   I also know my limits, so, if I can't get to the root of it, I will end up finding someone to have a go with it.

19 minutes ago, traveltimes3 said:

Tearing the coach apart will be a LAST resort, but I will go digging to see what I can find.   Not afraid to undo a panel and put it back to check on stuff.   I also know my limits, so, if I can't get to the root of it, I will end up finding someone to have a go with it.

TYPICALLY.....the Lockout box will be near the outlet.  It will have TWO pieces of Romex coming in....and then maybe two individual wires.  The individual wires are the DC power that controls the relay or the lockout.  The Romex is the IN and OUT.  Mine was located to the right of the TV (PS) and between the TV and the HE center cabinet up there. The HE center had a "good outlet.  Eventually I moved the TV cord to that area, but cutting the DC lines...worked.  The Lock Out was an Ignition Switch ON signal that opened the normally closed relay.  YES, they can go wrong and stay closed....

Guest Ray Davis
13 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

TYPICALLY.....the Lockout box will be near the outlet.  It will have TWO pieces of Romex coming in....and then maybe two individual wires.  The individual wires are the DC power that controls the relay or the lockout.  The Romex is the IN and OUT.  Mine was located to the right of the TV (PS) and between the TV and the HE center cabinet up there. The HE center had a "good outlet.  Eventually I moved the TV cord to that area, but cutting the DC lines...worked.  The Lock Out was an Ignition Switch ON signal that opened the normally closed relay.  YES, they can go wrong and stay closed....

Exactly, but on mine the lock out box was also the junction box and the TV receptacle.  The hot wire from the breaker came in and fed the TV receptacle as well as all of the front and pass slide.  

I removed 12v from the lockout so we could have in motion TV.