2003 Executive fuse & solenoid (Salesman and/or Ignition) issues

I have a few things not working like driver side cabin lights, radio / camera, cd changer..... I have found a cluster of fuses (left front compartment) that should be that stuff but those fuses aren't blown. Would I be looking for a relay somewhere for this? Any other troubleshooting suggestions????

It would be very helpful if you have a wiring diagram then you could see if these all are on the same circuit. If so, go to the appliance closest to the fuse and check along that daisy-chained line for 12v. I was able to find a wire in one of the appliances that had come loose in a push-in connector. If you don't have a diagram, then open each appliance looking for an open in or out connector. 

I had a problem with my radio not working when I went on my last trip, makes an 8 hr drive by youself long.  So when I got a chance I found the fuse for the radio in my bedroom 12 distribution panel.   Pulled it out ant it was good, put it back in and the radio worked.  Happened again a couple time over the next week..  Worked all the way home but when I parted and shut the rig down the radio didn't have power.  Pulled the fuse again and took some emory cloth and cleaned it up and it worked so I suspect the fuse had a  little corrosion.  I'm going to install a new fuse and see if that solves the problem once and for all. 

1 hour ago, Kjungles said:

Would I be looking for a relay somewhere for this? Any other troubleshooting suggestions????

In my 2000 dynasty I have 2 continuous relays that are switched by the salesman switch.  Ones goes to the domestic 12v fuse panel in the back. The other goes to the drivers lower fuses. 

I also had that same relay die on me too. Later I changed out the continuous relays and replaced them with Victron Smart Battery protect (BP-65).  I did this for two reasons first to reduce the continuous electrical draw (we full-time in our rig). The second is to prevent a complete battery drain if the battery gets low- it shuts off at 11.5v (I set that voltage).

Good Luck!

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 Executive fuse & solenoid (Salesman) issues
2 hours ago, Kjungles said:

I have a few things not working like driver side cabin lights, radio / camera, cd changer..... I have found a cluster of fuses (left front compartment) that should be that stuff but those fuses aren't blown. Would I be looking for a relay somewhere for this? Any other troubleshooting suggestions????

Pull your prints which should be in the back of your manual.  Look around page 126 or so.  It appears that you have TWO different sets of "Solenoids".  One set in the upper left corner is, I THINK, ignition controlled.  The other set in the lower right corner is from the Battery Cut off solenoids.  You can download this print also.  It is labeled as Signature, but the drawings (most ) were released for the Dynasty.

Look on page 1131 of the PDF file.  That is the print.

You need to locate the FOUR solenoids.  Then do a voltage check on each of the LARGE terminals.  The Ignition Controlled ones have to, I think, have the Ignition ON.  The concept is this.  As long as the Salesman Switch is ON....and the Solenoids are WORKING....then you should have 12 VDC coming in on BOTH of the terminals.  Turn OFF the switch....and only one terminal will have 12 VDC.  Same for the Ignition controlled ones.  When the Ignition is ON.....there should be POWER on both the large terminals.  BUT, when it is OFF....then only power on one side.  If you do NOT have power on all FOUR of the solenoids with the Salesaman Switch and the Igntion oFF....then you have an upstream issue  If you do NOT have power on BOTH Terminals....Assuming Ignition ON and Salesmans Switch ON....then there is a problem with the solenoid.  Use your VOM and find out.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 Executive fuse & solenoid (Salesman and/or Ignition) issues

Went to storage and flipped the switch to power the coach and nothing from the domestic fuse panel. I didn’t  do much and after 10 minutes I had power to the panel. So I guess there must be something providing power to the fuse panels individually?? Or bad contact somewhere???

On 10/2/2022 at 12:31 PM, jacwjames said:

I had a problem with my radio not working when I went on my last trip, makes an 8 hr drive by youself long.  So when I got a chance I found the fuse for the radio in my bedroom 12 distribution panel.   Pulled it out ant it was good, put it back in and the radio worked.  Happened again a couple time over the next week..  Worked all the way home but when I parted and shut the rig down the radio didn't have power.  Pulled the fuse again and took some emory cloth and cleaned it up and it worked so I suspect the fuse had a  little corrosion.  I'm going to install a new fuse and see if that solves the problem once and for all. 

Just a follow up on this post I did.

After changing fuses and using dielectric grease it was still shutting off. 

Just for the heck of it I grabbed a large straight screwdriver and checked the lug that supplies power to the fuse panel.  It was loose, I mean not tight at all.  But this was a self-inflicted problem.  Last year I had my entire electrical system tore apart trying to fix a 120 volt problem.  I had taken the 12 volt fuse panel out for better access.  I guess when I put it back I slipped the wire back into the lug but forgot to tighten.  🤬

Tightened it up and the radio has been on for 2 days.  Funny thing is that I had taken a long trip last year and had no problems at all with any of those circuits. 

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

Just a follow up on this post I did.

After changing fuses and using dielectric grease it was still shutting off. 

Just for the heck of it I grabbed a large straight screwdriver and checked the lug that supplies power to the fuse panel.  It was loose, I mean not tight at all.  But this was a self-inflicted problem.  Last year I had my entire electrical system tore apart trying to fix a 120 volt problem.  I had taken the 12 volt fuse panel out for better access.  I guess when I put it back I slipped the wire back into the lug but forgot to tighten.  🤬

Tightened it up and the radio has been on for 2 days.  Funny thing is that I had taken a long trip last year and had no problems at all with any of those circuits. 

High Resistance....as in NOT BEING TIGHTENED DOWN....are strange critters.  I have one on the 200A ANL fused circuit that goes up front for my Hydraulic.  There is an identical 200 A ANL fused line that also goes up front.  Mine was two fold.....there was a High Resistance connection on the hydraulic motor.  Combine that with the intermittent on the original House 200A circuit and the voltage drops like crazy....and the amps went up and eventually killed the motor.

When I installed the NEW pump package, a also installed a "Blue Seas" battery selection switch to feed the pump.  I can test the voltage when using the original house....and it is good....other times it is about half a volt lower than the Chassis.  I now keep that motor on the Chassis feed.

I hate to think how many hours I spent testing the connection points on the original House feed....all the way back to the battery.  Nothing else, since the loads are small compared to the rated 80 amps on the motor are impacted....but the Chassis, which has constant and reliable voltage works the slide better.  If that ever is an issue....I guess I do some more trouble shooting.  GREMLINS.....they don't play by the rules.

I'm just surprised that i didn't have problems with any other circuit in the fuse panel.  I need to go out and buy a lottery ticket!!

And make a note to self>>>>>   When I do a project make sure to go over every connection and be sure they are tight as a QC step.