1995 Dynasty Broken Shock Absorber Mount

I have had 2 shock absorber upper mounting pins break off on my old Dynasty. A friend says this was a common failure with Monacos made in the 90s. I took the first problem to Freightliner Oasis and they fixed it but it was a jerry-rig. At this point I don't know how to proceed. Can anyone point me to a write up on how someone fixed this problem? Thanks.

There are TWO folks that I would trust....and have fixed these.  Hendersons in Oregon (can't remember the city) and Josams in Orlando.  Barry is the shop manager for Josams.  He has been VERY helpful to folks that call in and ask questions.  I think he would give sufficient details or perhaps talk to your shop.  Many folks have had good experiences at Henderson....but I have never used them personally nor do I have a contact.

Josams was the shop that the original Wildwood Monaco East Coast RV Warranty center used for ALL chassis issues....and/or Tires and such....Brett Howard was the manager of that when it was in operation and he speaks highly of Barry and Josams.  

Good Luck.

Pete I don't know where you are located but I had the same happen. 

In the Phoenix area the best place for older Monaco work is Masseys Diesel. They are quite versed in the house repairs as well as chassis repairs and of course general engine maintenance (lof). Not the cheapest but they do good work. 

Best to you

Ken

It happened on my '99. Both upper forward mounts on rear. Had a certified welder fab new ones. Was a real pita welding in such a tight area. We both agreed that an incomplete weld of the pin assembly was the culprit. Welded only halfway around the pin on both. Used to be in the trucking business, so cracked welds and broken suspension parts, not a surprise. Just look em over at every service.