Dometic Ice Maker

Dbircky
Go to solution Solved by Dbircky,

I finally decided to use the ice maker in the fridge.   When I bought the 2009 Camelot, the 1/4 inch water line from the shut off valve to the electric valve wasn’t connected.   I put in a new line and compression fittings.  Water flows to the door dispenser fine, but no water is going into the ice maker.  The bail is down and I manually activated the gears which showed they are working.   I’m sure I missed something simple, anyone know what that is?   

52 minutes ago, Dbircky said:

I finally decided to use the ice maker in the fridge.   When I bought the 2009 Camelot, the 1/4 inch water line from the shut off valve to the electric valve wasn’t connected.   I put in a new line and compression fittings.  Water flows to the door dispenser fine, but no water is going into the ice maker.  The bail is down and I manually activated the gears which showed they are working.   I’m sure I missed something simple, anyone know what that is?   

Give it a while.  Must freeze hard.  You can download the owners manual from many sites.  Read up there.  There is also a maintenance or repair manual that you can find by googling.  It has a very specific section on the icemaker.  This one does not have a “test or reset” button.  I just let it get cold and eventually it got into the mood for ice.  Throw away the first few batches.  If you winterize, you have to take rolled up paper towels and sop up the water int the ice cube mold.  I do NOT recommend running RV antifreeze through that.  What I would do is disconnect the line(s) from the solenoids.  I let them drain back….otherwise you have to use compressed air.

good luck

Dr, I don’t hear the water running in, I’m now on six days.   The fingers to empty the ice cube tray haven’t moved.  

Fish, yes, a 1402.  The fridge has been running for 6 days.   The ice cream is still frozen hard.  I can’t feel any water in the trays.   

Tom, have both the users and installation manuals.   There’s no power at the solenoid, all the fuses are fine.   Cleaned every connection, still no water flowing into the ice maker.  

Ran the diagnostic tests.   Now showing “E11” freezer heater.   Also is now stuck on “CALL” on the main display.  Turned off and back on, unplugged refrigerator and ice maker, and shut off main power and refrigerator circuit.   “CALL” is doesn’t disappear.   Guess I’m calling in the morning.   

Lights and refrigerator fan are still running.   However the freezer fan isn’t running.   But in test mode it that fan runs.   Chasing down fuses and connections again.  

45 minutes ago, Dbircky said:

Dr, I don’t hear the water running in, I’m now on six days.   The fingers to empty the ice cube tray haven’t moved.  

Fish, yes, a 1402.  The fridge has been running for 6 days.   The ice cream is still frozen hard.  I can’t feel any water in the trays.   

Tom, have both the users and installation manuals.   There’s no power at the solenoid, all the fuses are fine.   Cleaned every connection, still no water flowing into the ice maker.  

Ran the diagnostic tests.   Now showing “E11” freezer heater.   Also is now stuck on “CALL” on the main display.  Turned off and back on, unplugged refrigerator and ice maker, and shut off main power and refrigerator circuit.   “CALL” is doesn’t disappear.   Guess I’m calling in the morning.   

Lights and refrigerator fan are still running.   However the freezer fan isn’t running.   But in test mode it that fan runs.   Chasing down fuses and connections again.  

Richard and I are on the same page....best guess.  Your Icemaker MAY be happy and the solenoid ain't working....and NOT sending the signal to the Solenoid.  I can't remember the circuitry, but there is a multipin plug.  One is for the heater to melt the ice cubes so they will eject.  The other is for the "OK....finished EJECTING....no pour me some more water".  Folks have had issues with them.  Check out the video below....I THINK this is how the Dometic works....but can't remember.  IF it gets the Solenoid power from a PCB, OPPS....

BEST MEMORY....You can buy a universal one that will work in the 1402...but I don't know which one.

Here is a simple video.  If the Solenoid ain't getting power....then that is the issue.....

SOMETIMES....you find things that you SHOULD have deleted....BUT, here is a very EARLY and MORE Comprehensive Manual.  WAY BACK WHEN....it was TOO large.  I had to get it from Dometic in two parts.  Now it is, by today's standards, PUNY.

Look at the Part 2.  It has a very detailed write up on the icemaker.  You have, I KNOW WELL, the two valve solenoid.  GOOD luck...

Don't know about the OTHER errors.....but you sound like you will sort that out....

REVISED Dometic 1402 Service Manual Pt 1.pdf REVISED Dometic 1402 Service Manual Pt 2.pdf

Edited by Tom Cherry
Added Supplemental files for troubleshooting
  • Like 1

• Solution

Tom, 

thanks for the help and updated manual.   Got it reset.   Found a red wire w/3 amp inline fuse broken.   Repaired it and waiting to see if that is why the cube tray heater wasn’t working.    Now showings no faults when I run the diagnostics.   

A2A49FCD-0B20-4E8D-952E-9AAD2292BAFE.jpeg

13 hours ago, Dbircky said:

Tom, 

thanks for the help and updated manual.   Got it reset.   Found a red wire w/3 amp inline fuse broken.   Repaired it and waiting to see if that is why the cube tray heater wasn’t working.    Now showings no faults when I run the diagnostics.   

A2A49FCD-0B20-4E8D-952E-9AAD2292BAFE.jpeg

WONDERFUL....as some guy on TV said...  "I LOVE it when a plan comes together....

Did I mention that I HATE inline fuses.....??  

WORD of CAUTION.  IF you every have to REPLACE your RV55 Water Pump....the replacement comes with an INLINE fuse.  DO NOT USE IT.  CUT IT OFF and do the install exactly AS the OEM was done.  That redundant fuse, in a not reliable inline fuse holder will drive your crazy....don't ask me HOW I know.....just PSYCHIC, I guess....