Slide topper covers to replace

I am looking all over for replacements for the plastic covers that go over my slide topper. Mine are gold. I will take back. Whoever worked on them for the previous owner didn’t put them back on. I cannot find them anywhere online without replacing the entire slide topper. 

not sure what they are called but mine have a plastic / aluminum case around them and I am Missing the top parts. 

We took our old ones to an awning shop and selected the color Sunbrella fabric the wife wanted. Be sure to show them the two nylon beads are different sizes and tell then you want thread used that is meant for constant weather. This is important. All four of mine were $800, as I recall. Sunbrella fabric is expensive but lasts for years. If you find an out-of-the-way awning shop, the cost will be lower than the top line places. The result is the same.

4 hours ago, Coach J said:

I am looking all over for replacements for the plastic covers that go over my slide topper. Mine are gold. I will take back. Whoever worked on them for the previous owner didn’t put them back on. I cannot find them anywhere online without replacing the entire slide topper. 

not sure what they are called but mine have a plastic / aluminum case around them and I am Missing the top parts. 

We have an expert on awnings and hardware.  Chris Throgmartin @throgmartin.  He makes toppers.  Mine were made in 2015 and were vinyl as the Sunbrella is not holding up.  The conversion and upper end coaches are using vinyl.

Chris also has some experience in finding out of production parts.  He is a wealth of information and his folks do excellent work.  He also makes and ships covers and has a network of shops that he has used and trusts.

I believe Coah J is looking for the slide topper protective cover that fits the length of the topper and is between the 2 end caps.

He has a 2007 Diplomat.

I agree with Tom that you contact Chris Throgmartin as they should be able to help. It will be important to know which brand of slide topper you have. If it is Carefree, it should have their name on one or both end caps, at least it is on my coach. 

2 hours ago, Coach J said:

The one big one does and the others were apparently left off when the awnings were changed by the previous owner 

According to Carefree of Colorado's brochure, the SOK11 models came with or without the optional top cover. My friends Monarch model seems to have came without.

I'm sure there are members on the forum with a '07 Dip, that can confirm whether the top covers came included.

13 hours ago, Martinvz said:

I believe Coah J is looking for the slide topper protective cover that fits the length of the topper and is between the 2 end caps.

He has a 2007 Diplomat.

I agree with Tom that you contact Chris Throgmartin as they should be able to help. It will be important to know which brand of slide topper you have. If it is Carefree, it should have their name on one or both end caps, at least it is on my coach. 

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the contact. 

Bobby:

Your 07 Dip came with Carefree SOK III assemblies. The gold SOK II assemblies were discontinued mid way through the 2006 model year. 2007 and above all had SOK III assemblies. The gold anodized covers are not available anywhere except off a wreck located at a salvage yard. Unfortunately Colaw's and Visone salvage yards do not sell individual pieces. You have to buy the entire assembly and they know what they have and charge accordingly. 

Depending on the style of cover you have and the length I may have a replacement for you. I have one gold SOK III cover left complete with the bottom deflector. Last I checked it was the only one available in the country that didn't come off a wreck. I also have the gold anodized SOK II covers whch I know are the only ones available in the USA. All are take offs but in excellent condition. The problem is I cannot ship these covers. I would have to buy a large shipping tube and then ship it by freight ( semi ). The cost would be crazy expensive and there is no guarantee they will arrive undamaged. We have gotten assemblies in that were dented beyond use, one was run over by a fork truck by the freight company and we have had patio assemblies with the ends crushed or knocked off them. I wont ship anything by freight. I keep these covers for customers who come in to our shop. If you are able to travel to Florida then we can get pictures from you of your current assemblies to make sure they are correct as well as measuring the length. We have a metal shop so have the ability to cut them down to size if needed. The biggest issue is length and making sure the cover we have is long enough. The hardware we always have in inventory - end caps, brackets, springs, etc.

Contact Bethany next week ( we are closed till Monday ) - 352-942-2653. It may take 24 - 48 hours for her to get back with you. We are seriously back logged on call backs and e-mail responses due to being closed for a week for the holidays. Be sure you tell her you and I discussed this on the forum.

2 hours ago, throgmartin said:

Bobby:

Your 07 Dip came with Carefree SOK III assemblies. The gold SOK II assemblies were discontinued mid way through the 2006 model year. 2007 and above all had SOK III assemblies. The gold anodized covers are not available anywhere except off a wreck located at a salvage yard. Unfortunately Colaw's and Visone salvage yards do not sell individual pieces. You have to buy the entire assembly and they know what they have and charge accordingly. 

Depending on the style of cover you have and the length I may have a replacement for you. I have one gold SOK III cover left complete with the bottom deflector. Last I checked it was the only one available in the country that didn't come off a wreck. I also have the gold anodized SOK II covers whch I know are the only ones available in the USA. All are take offs but in excellent condition. The problem is I cannot ship these covers. I would have to buy a large shipping tube and then ship it by freight ( semi ). The cost would be crazy expensive and there is no guarantee they will arrive undamaged. We have gotten assemblies in that were dented beyond use, one was run over by a fork truck by the freight company and we have had patio assemblies with the ends crushed or knocked off them. I wont ship anything by freight. I keep these covers for customers who come in to our shop. If you are able to travel to Florida then we can get pictures from you of your current assemblies to make sure they are correct as well as measuring the length. We have a metal shop so have the ability to cut them down to size if needed. The biggest issue is length and making sure the cover we have is long enough. The hardware we always have in inventory - end caps, brackets, springs, etc.

Contact Bethany next week ( we are closed till Monday ) - 352-942-2653. It may take 24 - 48 hours for her to get back with you. We are seriously back logged on call backs and e-mail responses due to being closed for a week for the holidays. Be sure you tell her you and I discussed this on the forum.

I live in Florida. Looks like your number is a Gainesville area number. Where are you located. 

sounds like you may be my only hope. I had someone measure for black ones but I would really like to have them match. I will call Monday. Can she tell me exactly what you will need from me to make sure I have the correct measurements and you have all the info yiu need to help me?