Does the 2008 Monaco Camelot have oil bath front hubs?

Lots of personal choices...

I've only driving about 2500-3500 miles per year.  So a Rotella T6 oil change every 3-4 years is all that seems necessary, maybe even overkill. 

I'm going to have the front hubs repacked if the mechanic sees the need.  Maybe I'll be checking with Josam's about changing to oil bath while in FL this winter. 

And the differential gear lube is going to get changed to synthetic... one question:  is that drained out a drain plug, then filled using the test hole on the side of the differential? 

Thanks - Steve P

21 minutes ago, Steve P said:

And the differential gear lube is going to get changed to synthetic... one question:  is that drained out a drain plug, then filled using the test hole on the side of the differential? 

Thanks - Steve P

Yes.

I used my pail lid hand pump to get the new fluid in.

Edited by 96 EVO

47 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Yes.

I used my pail lid hand pump to get the new fluid in.

Mine takes 19 quarts, it's and exercise to pump it by hand. Try to do it when it's warm so it has lower viscosity. I used low pressure compressed air to push it in from 5 gallon bucket. Whatever works.

3 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Mine takes 19 quarts, it's and exercise to pump it by hand.  

Ha!

I recently used that hand pump for 6gal of engine oil, followed by 5gal of trans fluid!

I used my non-drinking arm, so, their fairly equal right now 😁!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve P, there’s a definite difference in the amount of grease… second set of pictures has more grease as pictured below. I would take the grease from that cap and push into the outer bearing on the other side which needs attention.
Yes, I’m of the school of not broke, leave it alone and just adding gear oil is “Shade Tree”, but I’ve been successfully doing it for 50 years instead of repacking. As you can see in the second picture of my axle, the grease is very pliable and more likely to come in contact with the rollers.

IMG_7670.png

IMG_7633.jpeg