Oddball electrical problem in my Dynasty

timaz996

I just replaced a 12 V powered propane alarm in my kitchen. Ever since then, when I turn on the aqua hot, the power goes away from the propane alarm. And the first time I turn on the aqua hot, I have to rock the switch on off and back on for it to fire. Another thing, when the Aqua Hot is off. My propane detector will chirp about every three minutes and is on. I guess I need to start taking panels apart in the bottom of my kitchen slide. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? 

Tim

Edited by Tim-AZ

Interesting.  What happens when you remove the new smoke detector?

Was this a linkable smoke detector that had an extra lead?

Is it polarity sensitive or anything?

Chirping every three minutes is commonly due to the backup battery being too low or not installed

Edited by BradHend

1 hour ago, BradHend said:

Interesting.  What happens when you remove the new smoke detector?

Was this a linkable smoke detector that had an extra lead?

Is it polarity sensitive or anything?

Chirping every three minutes is commonly due to the backup battery being too low or not installed

It's just a new Propane detector that is hard wired. There is no backup battery. I have 800 amp hours of lithium batteries and the voltage rarely drops below 13 volt.

1 hour ago, vito.a said:

Check your house battery voltage with the inverter charger turned off.  

It's just a new Propane detector that is hard wired. There is no backup battery. I have 800 amp hours of lithium batteries and the voltage rarely drops below 13 volt.

Update: It's fixed! Thank you to everyone who replied. The propane detector ended up being wired to a wrong ground wire...different circuit I guess...But not by me LOL.

There was another ground wire that even had a un-used connector end on it. I checked that ground and the power wire and it had 13.2 volts with the aqua hot on. so all is good.

Tim 

• Like 3