Slide drifting in on ‘05 Beaver

Go to solution Solved by Old Dog,

I’m posting for a friend to see if he can get some answers on his slides drifting in. It is a HWH controller. I believe HWH told him it was probably the Solenoids. Below is his explanation of the issue. 

Both rear bed room slides
Rv stored indoors, connected to 50-amp service 
After extending slides fully out, within 6-8 hrs slides will gradually move in, passenger side more 10-15 inches than drivers side 8-12 inches. On occasion, double those numbers. Always both slides. 

Edited by tmw188
wording

37 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

My 05 Monaco Dynasty is hydraulic on the passenger side and electric on the driver side. 

Thank you for that info, I will tell him, he is in AR I am in FL. I’ve been passing along all replies to him. This morning he said his passenger BR slide has moved in about 1” and the drivers slide has not. 

Edited by tmw188

• Solution

The problem is caused by dirt or contamination getting between the needle and seat of the soleniod vavle allowing a slow leak by. In addition to running the pump in both directions, first drop as largest rare earth magnet that will fit down into the hydraulic tank. It picks up the praticulant before it gets in the needle valves. Don't run the pump more then 15 seconds in a two minute period to prevent over heating the motor.

In case you have replace a soleniod vavle, they go for about $400 and you just unplug it and thread it off. Hard part is relieving the pressure before removal.

On my type of slide if it creeps in the it's extend soleniod for the slide. Slides are numbered g for 1 - Driverside front, counterclockwise to 2, 3, 4. And generator

HWH has instructions for identifying soleniods. Slideouts and bleeding procedure.

CLEAN EVERYTHING BEFORE WORKING ON THE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM or all the old dirt and oil will get in there. Engine scrubber and a toilet brush work good.

Hope the helps