Monaco vs. HR models

OK, I’ve used every search term I can think of but to no avail. Can someone give me a list of Monaco lines versus their corresponding Holiday Rambler models. I promise I’ll save it this time.

Ed              
‘05 HR Ambassador 

23 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

My search found

Monaco and HR Twins posted by you.

Thanks. Found it.

I have a good memory……………it’s just short.

Ed

• 8 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 7:15 PM, Dr4Film said:

My search found

Monaco and HR Twins posted by you.

Sorry to be such a pest but I need that again. I tried searching “Monaco and HR Twins” like you said and I find nothing. Tried spelling HR out, tried inserting versus for “and”, models for “twin”. Don’t know how I found it before. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,          
Ed

EDIT FOR CLARITY.

The following models are considered twins. Some feed back was given on dates.  This is a synopsis of reading the “elder’s” comments in the early years.  So….if more info is available….chime in….

Diplomat = Endeavor

Camelot = Scepter  2003 first year of Camelot; 2001, per HR site, for Scepter

Imperial = Dynasty

Executive = Navigator = Patriot Thunder

Sig was basically a fancier Executive….more costly and more optional features.  Wiring for the 2006 & later  Dynasty, Exec and Sig….plus their HR twins thr same….except where the custom features added.

@Scotty Hutto has a post or something along these lines.  

Some of the Elkhart coaches were a bit differnt….did things “their way” and NOT same as Oregon. Wiring was same….

The original Windsors, through 2004 were unique and just under the Dynasty.  Don’t have a date on when they were born.  But in 2005, I THINK the Monocoque body was dropped…..and they were just “triplets” and the Windsor was close or maybe the same as the Scepter = Camelot twins.  IF ANYONE HAS MORE DETAIL….chime in and correct….

2005 was choppy.  The Scepter and Camelot were the same….and then there was a “hybrid” as in a new and improved or “downsized and cheapened” Windsor.  Supposedly…the last 2 years, 2005 & 6 Windsors were JUST rebadged Scepter/Camelots.

Edited by Tom Cherry
Member provided detailed informatio

On 11/10/2023 at 6:36 PM, djlgnd said:

2003 Camelot Burgundy with a 2002 Jeep Liberty Burgundy and a 2000 f150 Grey. and in an answer to scepter comming out first nope Camelot came out in late 90's

Carl,

Folks with earlier models are great resources.  Many of us go “back aways”.  When this site was started, say the mid 2000’s, we had a lot of 90’s owners.  I joined in 2009 and was new to Monaco….and a little scared “what have I done” new DP owner…even though I had several years in a Winnie and had camped since a kid and owned three popups and, briefly, a TT.

Your 2003 date, after I spent some time, in the Monaco Sales Brochure web site is the first year. The HR site also lists the Scepter in 2001.  These databases are “sometimes incomplete”.  I was not aware that the “twins” were born 2 years apart.  Thanks.

The other, generic history….passed on by this virtual campfire and listening to the elders, is as close as I can come.  I THINK that the 2005 “gene splicing” and rebadging of the Windsor with the twins was correct….at least all the major systems prints show them in the application section.

It would take a lot of side by side, with dual monitors, comparisons of the “chassis, body and roof construction” text for the three of them to see exactly when the “prized” Windsor was “value engineered” and the original Monocoque body was dropped. 

EDIT.  Per a later post, the 2002 Windsor was the last semi-monocoque body.  However, the inverter was, to the best of my knowledge and recollection, a dual out system with a sub panel and not the single GFCI Receptacle as the Camelot & Scepter’s used.  Possibly in 2005, the full transition to becoming a “triplet” was made.  The 2004 Windsor, as reported by a founder had the subpanel.  As usual, members with them need to weigh in if this is in error

These little differences may, to the general membership seem trivial.  However, we have posts that often state that the “GFCI in the lavatory” should be replaced….and newer members spend time and are confused ….as their model does not have such. End of EDIT.

So, my post…which puzzled a few with my “Scepter = Camelot” should have been made a little simpler….and I edited it for those folks….

But, I hope it is generically correct and you filled in a key year.  

Thanks….

Edited by Tom Cherry
Update based on additional information
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

@Tom Cherry

The last year the Windsor was made with a Semi- Monocoque chassis aka S Chassis was 2002. One of the main reasons I purchased our 2002 Windsor in December of 2003 was for the chassis.

Thanks.  I never knew that.  Fred white, one of our founders, as you know, traded his 2002 Windsor for a 2004.  He “said” they were the same….so i made that assumption.  Always good to have complete and factual info.  I’ll edit my post and correct.

16 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Thanks.  I never knew that.  Fred white, one of our founders, as you know, traded his 2002 Windsor for a 2004.  He “said” they were the same….so i made that assumption.  Always good to have complete and factual info.  I’ll edit my post and correct.

@Tom Cherry

Here is a link to the 2003 Windsor where it states that it has the RR8S chassis.

https://dreamfindersrv.com/Literature/2003-Monaco-Windsor-Brochure.pdf

2003 was the first year for the Camelot too so that may have played a role on the chassis change for the Windsor.

Fred White (RIP) found his newer Windsor (I thought it was a 2005) that had been stored in a subterranean storage area so it had no Thermal Checking on it whatsoever. It was in super great shape. On our visit to his Florida RV home in Lakeland FL back in 2012 after the Monacoers Gathering for a few days, that's when I saw that his Windsor had a Sealand Princess Gourmet Cook-top versus what was in our 2002 Windsor. His was never used and I loved it. That winter I purchased one and swapped out the 3 burner Atwood for the Princess Gourmet cook-top. I miss that old geezer!