ISM 500 No Start

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

Glad you got it fixed.  How hard was it to get to the sensor and get it out???

Easy, maybe 3 minutes.  Took passenger side engine bay 'vents' off and had full access. 

11/16" wrench is all that was required to remove sensor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes which filter. If it's the ravor plastic prefilter those are getting tricky to source. Your unit should have a electric primer at the rear. With the Key on and depressing the valve hold the button till full till fuel comes out. There pretty ez

Hi Jim

Secondary fuel filter on ISM should be tight against the engine on passenger side. Access from underneath.  If you have the factory racor system and it works, ignition key on and press the prime button on the primary fuel / water setup at rear of engine. That should prime the filter. May have to do it a couple of times.

My old 95 Dynasty has that racor water/air primer...  it appears this one has had it removed.  Any idea if there is a manuel primer on the engine somewhere?  Perhaps they have installed the FASS system?  I have no idea what that even looks like to know if I have it or not...  Fun, Fun, Fun...  nothing like getting up to speed on a new coach

thanks for the help guys.  switched it several times and the 3rd time I tried to start it, she went.  I am just glad I learned this lessen in my driveway.  I think I'm leaving the tag axle down from now on.  There is not that much slope on my drive, but apparently enough with the tag up to squash that filter. 

2 hours ago, Romeo84 said:

Yikes which filter. If it's the ravor plastic prefilter those are getting tricky to source. Your unit should have a electric primer at the rear. With the Key on and depressing the valve hold the button till full till fuel comes out. There pretty ez

I found a source for those pre-filters down in Texas.  Let me know if you need them and I'll figure out their name.  However, you can just wash them out and reinstall if they are not to bad.  That is what I've done the last few times.  I got a bad case of algae and had to replace that one, but I stay on top of that now and have not had any issues just reusing the same one each time.  I obviously replace the second filter every time.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I found a source for those pre-filters down in Texas.  Let me know if you need them and I'll figure out their name.  However, you can just wash them out and reinstall if they are not to bad.  That is what I've done the last few times.  I got a bad case of algae and had to replace that one, but I stay on top of that now and have not had any issues just reusing the same one each time.  I obviously replace the second filter every time.

If you don't mind I'd like to know, could not find them so far.  There are so many cleaning that filter can take.

Thanks,

6 hours ago, RedSectorA said:

If you don't mind I'd like to know, could not find them so far.  There are so many cleaning that filter can take.

Thanks,

It is a Racor 300200 filter.  I have not ordered from them in a while, but this is who had them in stock.

M&D Distributors
7902 FM 1960 Bypass Rd. W. Humble, TX 77338
Email: ecominfo@mddistributors.com
Toll Free: (800) 658-9333

• Like 1