Delorme 2015

19 hours ago, allphase8 said:

Bob

Thanks for the info?

Do you or have you used this service?

They say no charge but want a CC.  

Thanks

Ron

Have not used it. Just saw there might be a possibility of getting what you needed there.

Ron

I will not tell you what to do, but I would not give them my credit card number.

We loved DeLorme StreetAtlas, and have used it for many years.  But since they discontinued in 2015 the maps are gradually becoming obsolete.

We are now using Google Maps exclusively, which provides the advantage of realtime traffic information.  If you have an iPhone and MacBook you can project your phone screen to the MacBook.  If you do not have Apple equipment there are several relatively inexpensive programs you can buy to project any smartphone screen to any PC or Mac.

Of course, the Google Maps solution only works if you have a cell phone data plan that allows you to stay connected while you travel.

Dale

Dale

My thoughts exactly.

Had an older version that I loaded and is working, so yes I agree that the maps are getting out of date, but most of the roads we travel are not new so still is pretty useful.

I would consider Google Maps or one of the other internet solutions but have not figured out how to do  any kind of trip planning.

Ron

2006 Camelot

My husband used Delorme until a year ago and now uses CoPilot on his laptop.  He really likes it and it doesn't need an internet connection while traveling.

Tricia N. '06 Diplomat

Edited by sheena154

Tricia

Thanks for the info.

I have looked at this briefly  few minutes ago.  It is not clear if I can run this on my laptop.  

I want to run it there as I also run the vmspc program at the same time as my route tracking is going.

Ron'2006 Camelot

On 6/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, allphase8 said:

My computer crashed and no able to save my Delorme 2015 program.  

My disc may be damaged.

Does anyone have a Program Disc in usable shape that I could buy or borrow?

Thanks

Ron 

2006 Camelot

Ron I have the 2015 Delorme Street Atlas.  I am still using it.  I don't know if its possible for me to make a copy of my Program Disc?  Maybe someone else will know if it can be copied?

Gary B.

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

Gary

Was able to get it going so OK for now.

Here is my story and I am sticking to it.

Tried to load Delorme 2015 several times.  Kept getting an error message the program was supposed to finish.  Tried cleaning the disc and still no joy.  The disc had some scratches so figured the disc was bad.

Had a 2013 version, my research said it would not run on windows10. but decided to try it anyway.  

It loaded and when I opened the program.

Much to my surprise several existing map files were there as far as I can tell all the trip/map files I have saved from 2015 version.  It seems to have been able to run and grab the data from from the crashed computer that I had transferred to the new computer.

Kind of strange but is working OK for now.

Did plan a new route on the new computer and seems to have worked OK.  Even hooked up the GPS and it located me spot on.

Go figure.

Ron

2006 Camelot

I've been using DeLorme  Street Atlas 2008 for some time now.  I started using DeLorme products a decade earlier than that, upgrading every few years.  Whan I looked a few years back, Delorme Street Atlas was no longer available... even for older years.  

Street Atlas2008  does run on Win 10 .

Anyone know if Delorme StreetAtlas 2015 or earlier years are now in the public domain?  If so would it be possible to post disk images here?

On 6/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, allphase8 said:

Gary

Was able to get it going so OK for now.

Here is my story and I am sticking to it.

Tried to load Delorme 2015 several times.  Kept getting an error message the program was supposed to finish.  Tried cleaning the disc and still no joy.  The disc had some scratches so figured the disc was bad.

Had a 2013 version, my research said it would not run on windows10. but decided to try it anyway.  

It loaded and when I opened the program.

Much to my surprise several existing map files were there as far as I can tell all the trip/map files I have saved from 2015 version.  It seems to have been able to run and grab the data from from the crashed computer that I had transferred to the new computer.

Kind of strange but is working OK for now.

Did plan a new route on the new computer and seems to have worked OK.  Even hooked up the GPS and it located me spot on.

Go figure.Ron

2006 Camelot

Ron,   Have you tried copying the scratched 2015 DVD using another computer? ... Or using an external DVD?  Hope this helps/.

.. Rick P

Edited by rpasetto
updated