What was installed here?

LaPalma 34PDD

Hi,

I have a 2006 Monaco LaPalma 34PDD and am trying to figure out what electrical component was installed in the passenger side storage compartment above the dash. It has 2 6.0 sized electrical cables, one red and one white. They run along the inside of the wall so I am assuming they were factory? Any ideas?image.thumb.jpg.cbe44f2ce8554a0e5bec142784f260b1.jpg

image.jpg

Mine has an AV amp and cd player there. Based on the other wire( it looks like the wire I had going to my roof FM antenna), It might be some sort of radio?

Are you sure they are 6 Gauge?

6 Gauge would be close to the size of a battery cable on a car, they don't look that heavy. I don't know of any audio or video items that would have that heavy of wire. Is there power present? It would likely be 12 volt.

Hi Dave,

Yeah pretty sure it is 6 gauge, that is what it says on the cable. They are big for an electronic gadget but maybe an inverter was here? I have the surround sound amp and the CD player mounted in the opposite cabinet and looks like this is how it came from the factory. What was missing was a receiver for the old Winegard that was mounted on the roof but I dont think the cabling would have been this big for this, but it was 2006 so not sure if they used this size cable. 

I appreciate the input from you all. 

I think some are confusing 6 gauge with 006 wire.  The 00's such as 002, 004, etc are the large cables used on heavy loads and batteries.  6, 8, 10, 12 gauge are house wires and go up to 26 for electronics. The IEEE numbering is confussing😊

Did you check to see if there is power there?

I would use a non contact voltage detector to check for 110 volts, then a voltmeter set to over 120 volts AC, ( probably the 250 scale on most meters).

Then set the meter to DC volts, to see if it is 12-13 volts.

Let us know if you find the answer!