MH Flipped Over

To comment on Frank’s flyover and such and looking down….

https://www.visitutah.com/articles/the-all-american-road-scenic-byway-12

if you read up on Utah 12, we took it from a CG near Capital Reef and drove it SW (memory) down to a CG that was near Bryce & Zion.  It has a stretch where you are on the top of a Mesa….don’t know how far down, but it looks like being on the top of a pyramid.  The road is barely 9 ft wide with a 2-3 ft shoulder.  My daughter is totally paranoid on bridges.  Fortunately not with us..  it was a memorable trip.  I did find a marked grade that should have been in the Mountain West Grade book…be aware if you do it in reverse….when you do a steep and curved climb….the top is there…

Guest Ray Davis
35 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

be aware if you do it in reverse….when you do a steep and curved climb….the top is there…

Wow,  now that would take a brave soul to do it in reverse.   LOL  🙈  OK, just my crazy thinking getting me in trouble again.  It does evoke scary pictures in my mind of backing the coach,  it's something I don't like to do, and try to avoid.  

We have been on Utah Scenic 12 with our car. Wouldn't do it with the coach. We drove it from Red Canyon RV Park where we were staged for visiting the area all the way to Hogsback and back. We took in various state parks and scenic stops along the way.

Bryce Canyon is one of our favorite NP's in Utah.

We drove Beartooth Pass in our coach back in 2009.  My wife took +50 pictures on the way up.  She only took 3 on the way down as she had to hold herself in the passenger seat to keep from sliding off, the whole time telling me she's haunt me the rest of my days if something happened. 

Surprisingly the coach did pretty well on the grade and switchbacks, we weren't pulling a car which helped. 

• Like 1