The Windsor is getting a new radiator

Well it looks like I get to join the new radiator club🤬 It started leaking a couple weeks after purchasing the coach and getting home after a 10hr drive. Before it started leaking, I noticed some gurgling sounds once in a while as the coach was just sitting quietly in my garage. Also, the pressure in the expansion tank seemed to increase as it was sitting. Maybe air was in the system? Radiator cap bad, not releasing pressure? I have another thread titled 'Coolant in air tank' and the consensus is my air compressor head gasket is leaking and allowing coolant into my wet tank. That is another issue that still needs to be addressed, but now I'm wondering if all these symptoms are related somehow.

But for now I'm moving forward with the radiator replacement and replacing hoses, turbo boots, water pump, thermostat and getting the CAC tested. I'm hoping there isn't a bigger problem lerking in the darkness after all this is done!PXL_20230601_010624434.thumb.jpg.869d86cd71eb738740280fe413e2e822.jpg

Edited by Pudgy Camper

12 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Jason pull a sample of your Tran fluid out of the dip stick tube and take a look at it on pc of white paper. If you can pull a few ounces out with a pump and send it in for testing looking for coolant? 

I had my trans fluid analyzed, it came back good... very dirty and old, but no coolant contamination. My radiator happens to be just a coolant radiator only and I have a stand alone trans cooler (cooled by coolant) mounted on the frame below/behind the fan.

Had my coolant analyzed too and it was in bad shape, very dirty but no combustion gasses.

30 minutes ago, DavidL said:

What is that yellow stuff?  Looks like sprayfoam.  Did you apply that or the prior owner?

Thats leaking coolant.

23 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

That is one UGLY looking radiator!

The CAC can't be much better. I would replace both and forget the testing.

Yeah it's in bad shape! The CAC looks surprising good, a little dirty but I don't see any signs of damage or leaks. Hopefully I can keep from replacing it. My biggest concern is what caused the radiator to fail...old age?, something to do with my leaking compressor head?, or something else?

5 minutes ago, Pudgy Camper said:

Thats leaking coolant.

Yeah it's in bad shape! The CAC looks surprising good, a little dirty but I don't see any signs of damage or leaks. Hopefully I can keep from replacing it. My biggest concern is what caused the radiator to fail...old age?, something to do with my leaking compressor head?, or something else?

The CAC will test bad after 20 years but if the tanks are in good shape then a new core can be built for about $1200. The reason for the radiator failing is most likely OLD age. I got 14 years on my 2002 radiator before it started to leak.

You are doing good with 20 years.

• Like 1