Silverleaf Data Tracking

I wanted to track my tranny temp so set up data tracking on the Silverleaf. 

I had a tranny heating problem, this happen after a new radiator install, my tranny has the internal radiator cooler.  So last year I added a separate cooler in series and knew it was doing it's job just my watching the temps while driving but I wanted to get better info so I looked at the data tracking.  I actually did it last year after a trip and then my wife took the rig for a trip BUT (bless her heart🤬) she couldn't get the Silverleaf to work.

So she took another trip last week from Knoxville to Asheville, a good test through the mountians.  Prior to the trip she said she wasn't fooling with the Silverleaf but I told her it has to be up, I have alarms set up that will alert her of a major problem (volts, engine/tranny temp, oil pressure) I told her the rig doesn't move unless the TPMS & Silverleaf are up. 

So yesterday I checked it.  I have the logging every minute, which seems excessive but I wanted to see the correlation between engine and tranny temps along with boost figuring I would know when the rig is going up any long grades.  It definitely worked, tranny temps stayed below engine temps and recovered pretty quick. 

And as an added benefit I could tell that my wife (bless her heart) had the Silverleaf up the entire time as the data list was pretty long with the ~5 hr drive👍

• Like 1

Ditto to @Dr4Film comment. Actually, I don't turn the ignition key until my VMSpc is booted up and displaying. The logging capability has assisted me in determining STOP ENGINE light recently. It turned out to be a non-issue and easily corrected. I wouldn't want to be without it!

• 2 weeks later...

Across the top of the Silverleaf screen is the tabs for setting up the screen, one of the tabs is Advanced.

Click on it and it will bring up a list of several options, one of which is data logging, 

Jimage.thumb.png.1ee82acf5670edfc89af19d6555d3595.pngJust click on the things you want to track and the time interval, I did it every minute.  

In my case I selected engine temp, transmission temp, boost, volts. 

I selected Automatically Start Log and it will start when the engine is running. 

So after my wife got back from her trip I accessed the log and looked at it to confirm the transmission temps were tracking close to the engine temps, they were.  I could tell when she was climbing hills because of the boost.  It was about 300 lines long but easy to scroll through.  You can also down load it to a text file.

Edited by jacwjames