Various Front generator slide out, body paint

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

Hi Folks,

I've will include pictures. not in order of topic [sorry]  The previous owner of my 2004 Cheetah found the pins which held the front cover of the generator unit in place kept breaking.  Someone installed a 'plunger' to attach to the rail........ I live up a mountain, rough road, I'd get to the bottom and the gen unit would be sticking out the front 😉  Currently I have a bolt holding it all in place.. I would buy a 'better plunger'. can't find one ????  Any other ideas for securing the slide with EASY access?

Where the body meets the side slide out the paint/caulk are separating.......... apply a little more see through silicon or strip it ;-(((((((((

Also previous owner backed into a lamp or something. broke off the fibre glass at air intake [all seems to work ok].   leave it or fix it......... how? 

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

• Solution
1 hour ago, Les Hurdle said:

Hi Tom,

Why is this post starred?

Les

@Les Hurdle

As a moderator, i see a lot more things….I don’t see any flags or stars.  Maybe that means on your screen that you are the initiator.  Nothing that I did nor would do…. From a “housekeeping” or “good practice” standpoint, we, or at least I, like to have only ONE issue per topic.  This one has two and should have been separated into two new topics.  I read it and decided that doing that, based on my Ipad and time constraints was not a major issue….so I didn’t nor did i send you a PM requesting that in the future.  In other words….it weren’t broke so I didn’t fix it….as far as my screens go, there are no “background comments or highlighting….

@Frank McElroy & @Scotty Hutto are the “backroom” software or “webmasters”.  I don’t have the skills and they do so I will report some funky things, as other members do, and let those wizards fix or explain.

do a screen shot from your phone or tablet showing the “stars” and post it or PM them and they might be able to answer your question….I haven’t a clue…

EDITED - Les has created three new specific topics.  Therefore this one is closed

Thanks Tom.. I'll resend.......repost

Every website has it's quirks ;-))

Edited by Tom Cherry