“Do not shift” Light - 98 Dynasty - HELP!

Go to solution Solved by BlueSteele,

98 Dynasty Allison trans is intermittently flashing “Do not shift” on dash and the selector display gets weird. Trans temp is under 200, fluid is full. 
Any thoughts?
Currently on a pull off along pa901

I’m not sure what model Allison I have. The speedo is bouncing around also. I’m wondering if it is the speed sensor you mentioned in another post. 

I also noticed that it only happens when I hit a bump. 

I don’t have any small wires on the chassis batteryIMG_0818.thumb.jpeg.a5597955f1b073cff3b1b19a1d4137fe.jpeg

I moved from the pull off, that’s when I noticed the bumps and speedo. However I got to a safer spot and shut it off. At that point the transmission selector was off. Now it will not restart, seems like the transmission is not coming on. I do not see a fuse or relay anywhere. 

• Solution

Eddy, can you look under your rig at the front of the transmission and trace small wires headed toward your start batteries? One might be loose. Otherwise, it could be the ECM under the shift pad. Mine did a similar thing and I got the ECM rebuilt in Fort Worth. But that might be further down the line.

The small wires to the transmission would be the first step.

@BlueSteele Thanks for steering my trouble shooting! Turns out the wire at the battery was taped to the main and hidden under the loom. It was also combined into the main lug. 
I noticed a fuse holder way back in the battery box. The fuse was pretty corroded. Swapped it out and I’m home!!

Thanks again!

EddyB

• Like 3

• Tom Cherry changed the title to “Do not shift” Light - 98 Dynasty - HELP!