Looking for repair facility in New England area to repair water leak behind shower

I have an 05 Camelot that has developed a water leak behind the shower.  Does anyone know of a repair facility in the New England area that I could contact about getting this leak fixed?  It might require having to remove the shower to get to the leak.  I am in the Worcester,Mass area. 

Are you sure it isn't a leak on the connections to the shower spigot? If so, simply undo the screws holding the spigot adapter plate (usually plastic) to the wall and tighten the connections by hand. The connections are designed to be hand tightened and they often loosen up due to the earthquake when traveling down the road. If successful you may need to re-caulk the adapter plate to the shower wall afterwards.

Probably significantly cheaper than a tech visit!

That was my first thought.  I tried to remove the cover plate in the shower, but it looks like someone at the factory filled it full of silicone and slaped the cover plate on.  I have used a puddy knive and tried to work it off, but a little reluctant to pry too much for fear of bending the cover plate or breaking the shower wall.  

Did you look to see if you can access it from behind? Perhaps there is a plate so you can from behind. Mine is accessible if I close the pocket door between the shower and bedroom. Good luck. MAJOR'S RV in Bourne are good too, I heard for repairs.

As other have mentioned there should be access for behind. What’s on the other side of the wall of your shower valve?  If it’s a cabinet there should be an removable access panel 

Had same problem, water leak from shower hose fitting ,close pocket door, should have access plate from wall behind sink,  water was running down inside shower wall out onto floor,  replaced moen valve with new symmons valve, they used silicon on hose fitting and shower valve,  water connections are pex with crimp rings.

Plastic elbow on shower hose connection. I replaced Plastic fitting with 1/2" brass elbow, and male pex adapter also.

Guest Ray Davis

I repaired a leak in mine.  Monaco used some cheap & weak plastic fittings, mine was an elbow at the water control valve.  I think it's true that most are accessible but it may be quite difficult.  My Windsor PST has a small pantry in the wall behind the shower.  The side wall of that pantry was removable and I could see the leaking culprit. Then I could snake one arm in and working blind I managed to replace the cracked plastic elbow.

image.png.43788ddb6b94e28e99cf37ae26ea4e9b.png

I found the opening in my cabinet just as Ray Davis suggested and it looks like the plastic fitting is leaking.  Have tried several several things to get the plastic fitting loose, but no luck.  Ray, do you have any suggestions as to how to get the fitting loose?

The fitting in the shower is a brass fitting, one end the spray hose goes on. The other end is 1/2" mpt

Hold the inside piece with pliers and use a Cresent wrench to remove the plastic 90 degree fitting behind the shower wall. Send a pic of the plastic fitting 

Guest Ray Davis
48 minutes ago, rajchapman said:

I found the opening in my cabinet just as Ray Davis suggested and it looks like the plastic fitting is leaking.  Have tried several several things to get the plastic fitting loose, but no luck.  Ray, do you have any suggestions as to how to get the fitting loose?

It's been a long time and I have CRS ( can't remember stuff )  What I do remember is on mine no way to use 2 hands.   I don't think the PEX or fitting was really tight. 

I'm not sure but I may have used small lock pliers,  if I dropped a tool there was not much chance of retrieving it.  Might tie a string on your tools.

Have you gotten the pipe, PEX, or PVC, or whatever they used loose from the fitting?

Oh, BTW,  I forgot to mention that after removing the panel I enlarged the hole significantly & that helped.

Edited by Ray Davis

Well I have the cold water line at the mixing valve capped off and have no leaks so far.  I did find an RV dealer who is going to fit me in tomorrow to replace the elbow on the mixing valve.  Hopefully that will correct my problem and alow us to contune on our journey.  Thank all of you for your assistance. It is really a help to have a form like this to get help.  I was supprised at how many dealerships that I talked to who will not work on older coaches.  

Installers at Monaco were known for tightening those plastic elbows too tight, causing them to crack and fail. I replaced them with brass, and the water lines with braided stainless ones, all the way down to the basement. 

I would recommend that everyone do that before you have a failure and water seeps under your tile floor and it causes a very expensive repair. 

This has been a really bad day.  We left our campground this morning at 8:00 headed to Rousseau"s RV Center in Lakeville, Ma who were going to try to get our water leak corrected.  Well about 1/2 way there, we got a check engine light with high temperature.  I pulled to coach off to the side of 495 and found out that I had a lot of coolant on the back of the engine and on the side of the car.  We called G.S. Road Assistance and requested a tow to cummings. that was at 9:00 in the morning.  We finally ended up at Kenworth North East in Brockton at 4:30 in the afternoo.  Pro Tech Towing is the service that came out to assist us and the driver was supper.  Really took care to insure everthing was correct with the hookup.  Moved my mirrors so they would not hit the tow truck and made sure the mud flap was tied up so that it did not drag on the ground.  When I called Kenworth this morning and explained my problem, they were supper and said that they would have someone jump right on it as soon as we got there.  This place stays open from 7:00 am untill 11:00PM.  I think the night shift does not have the same attitude as the day shiftas, it is not 7:30 at night and still no one has bothered to look at our coach, so guess we spend the night in the parking lot.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and they can get up back on the road.  It looks like our water leak problem will have to take a backseat for a while.

Chargerman, thank you for your invitation, but looks like that is the least of my worries..

Sounds like you may have burst a coolant hose. Hopefully it is that simple and they can get you squared away tomorrow. Keep us posted and my offer is still available after that if you’d like. 

Guest Ray Davis
On 6/29/2023 at 2:01 PM, Chargerman said:

Where are you currently? I am in NE Connecticut and will fix it for you if you can come to my place. Zero cost except to buy any needed fittings

Well, as soon as your coolant problem is fixed you'll be right back trying to replace that shower fitting.  So,  depending on how far you guys are apart Chargerman has made an offer that sounds awfully sweet.  Those RV shops know how to run up a big bill

I suppose you could ask the Kenworth place if perhaps they have a skinny young guy that can reach the shower valve fitting.

Guest Ray Davis
19 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

About 70 miles from me

Living in Tex that's practically next door.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

As I stated in the last update, we were in Kenworth waiting to get the leak repaired.  At 8:00pm a tech came out to the coach to let us know that he was going to take a look at our problem.  He found the broken hose and had me limp into the repair bay.  I must say the guys working on my coach were great.  They fixed the bad hoses, pulled a vacuum and refilled the coolant and checked all my fluids.  Then they had me move the coach outside so they could pressure wash the engine.  They also washed our car as the coolant had blown all down the side.  I would highly recommend Kenworth East.

The next morning we continued on to Bourne, Mass to our next camp ground.  Just as all of you are aware, RV’s are great people.  After we got set up our neighbors came over to visit. As soon as they found out about our shower leak, they all wanted to help.  One neighbor came in and removed the old fitting, as most of them were seasonal campers; they all tried to help find the part that I needed.  But of course all of this was over the 4th of July week and most of the RV shops were closed.   I found the part at an RV dealer on July the 6th.  As soon as I got home, my one neighbor was waiting with Teflon tape in hand to help install the fitting.  We got the part back in and everything reconnected and life was great once again.

Thank you all for the help, it was greatly appreciated.