Slide floor plywood

1 hour ago, Tom Cherry said:

Made inquiry….will report back if I get an answer.

Struck out.  Got materials from some source….maybe factory.  

If you google “Melamine Laminate Marine Plywood”….all sorts of hits.  Most in Phillipines?  Wonder why?

Most “Melaime” boards have a MDF (resin core) or are on particleboard.  Chris is definitely correct.  You need the real McCoy.  I used his plates on a 1/4” thick “plastic laminated marine plywood”.  I know….i cored it.  Barely 1/4” thick.  That slide had almost no weight, relatively speaking.

my “drop floor” or flush when extended main LR/Galley slide has a thin laminate.  I the HDPE glide plates and installed Guardian plates….that was to protect the bottoms….  But by sealing, beyond belief, the sides, I doubt I ever have any rot.

Be aware that there is NO RHYME, REASON or Logic as to the perlines in the floor nor the vaccum formed styrofoam inserts….only Monaco “knew”.

Many tales and myths and “BY GOD….this will WORK” Internet blogs and stories….spongy floors are way more common, from my scanning, in TT…up to and including a “robust wife” who crashed through a new to them TT floor and the husband found her and the EMS had to almost “cut a hole in the roof” and put down a Coast Guard rescue loop and use a firetruck with a boom or cherry picker to extricate.  Fortunately she was not reported to be seriously injured….no word on the lawsuit….

Wish I had a source.  Was told to do the same thing i said this morning.  Contact vendors who specialize in flooring replacements….and see if they will provide a product or manufacturer or distributor.  I will provide a name, if you PM me….  be cautious of various links….some suggested were for a reputable repair service that is strictly mechanical and runs trucks for mobile repairs….read and digest…

36 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Struck out.  Got materials from some source….maybe factory.  

If you google “Melamine Laminate Marine Plywood”….all sorts of hits.  Most in Phillipines?  Wonder why?

Most “Melaime” boards have a MDF (resin core) or are on particleboard.  Chris is definitely correct.  You need the real McCoy.  I used his plates on a 1/4” thick “plastic laminated marine plywood”.  I know….i cored it.  Barely 1/4” thick.  That slide had almost no weight, relatively speaking.

my “drop floor” or flush when extended main LR/Galley slide has a thin laminate.  I the HDPE glide plates and installed Guardian plates….that was to protect the bottoms….  But by sealing, beyond belief, the sides, I doubt I ever have any rot.

Be aware that there is NO RHYME, REASON or Logic as to the perlines in the floor nor the vaccum formed styrofoam inserts….only Monaco “knew”.

Many tales and myths and “BY GOD….this will WORK” Internet blogs and stories….spongy floors are way more common, from my scanning, in TT…up to and including a “robust wife” who crashed through a new to them TT floor and the husband found her and the EMS had to almost “cut a hole in the roof” and put down a Coast Guard rescue loop and use a firetruck with a boom or cherry picker to extricate.  Fortunately she was not reported to be seriously injured….no word on the lawsuit….

Wish I had a source.  Was told to do the same thing i said this morning.  Contact vendors who specialize in flooring replacements….and see if they will provide a product or manufacturer or distributor.  I will provide a name, if you PM me….  be cautious of various links….some suggested were for a reputable repair service that is strictly mechanical and runs trucks for mobile repairs….read and digest…

Thanks Tom, very informative. I’m going to shoot Chris pics tonight and see what his thoughts are. Highly appreciate the help here! Thank you 

6 hours ago, throgmartin said:

Jeff. We can work with you and see if it isn't something we can plate. We are closed this week for staff vacations and the holiday. On Monday call Bethany and discuss this with her. Be sure you let her know we talked here on the forum. 352-942-2653. In the meantime, do some probing to find out how far the rot extends in from the sides and take a few pictures to send to her via e-mail - bethany@talinrv.com Her and I will review the pictures and I will make a determination. If I can save your floor I will. No promises though. 🙂

Email sent, Thank you

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, JeffM31 said:

Good morning and Happy 4th !!

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for sourcing the plywood floor for my large slide. 12’ long single piece covered in white plastic or vinyl. I called Rev and they claim they don’t have that information. The floor is too far gone to try to epoxy or anything so a full replacement is needed. Thank you 

Where are you located?

On 7/4/2023 at 11:51 AM, JeffM31 said:

Good morning and Happy 4th !!

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for sourcing the plywood floor for my large slide. 12’ long single piece covered in white plastic or vinyl. I called Rev and they claim they don’t have that information. The floor is too far gone to try to epoxy or anything so a full replacement is needed. Thank you 

Keep woking with Chris.  My (uninformed) logic…and also a DIY that installed 3 sets of Guardian plates that Chris made for me…. Once you install the Guardian plates, assuming you can “glue and pop rivet then to the underside, you do NOT need the plastic laminate.  I would paint and epoxy coat both sides of replacement Marine Plywood.  If it was not long enough, the. Get Chris to fabricate a flat plate…maybe 12 - 18”.  Put it over the seam and use the 3M sealer to bound and pop rivet  (on each side of joint) as a “mending plate”.  The outside Guardian plates are gonna resolve future leaks.  A middle seam with a SS flat Guardian will work.

Once they are in place, there is no need, IMHO, for the laminate…the Epoxy will last…or roll on a new top coat every 5 years…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Cherry said:

Keep woking with Chris.  My (uninformed) logic…and also a DIY that installed 3 sets of Guardian plates that Chris made for me…. Once you install the Guardian plates, assuming you can “glue and pop rivet then to the underside, you do NOT need the plastic laminate.  I would paint and epoxy coat both sides of replacement Marine Plywood.  If it was not long enough, the. Get Chris to fabricate a flat plate…maybe 12 - 18”.  Put it over the seam and use the 3M sealer to bound and pop rivet  (on each side of joint) as a “mending plate”.  The outside Guardian plates are gonna resolve future leaks.  A middle seam with a SS flat Guardian will work.

Once they are in place, there is no need, IMHO, for the laminate…the Epoxy will last…or roll on a new top coat every 5 years…

This is what I have 

IMG_7043.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

IMG_7048.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Wow, based on your photos plates should have been installed long ago when you first start seeing ANY slide mark abrasions on the bottom.

I just bought it. I knew about it but previous toyhaulers and things were no issue to repair. This solid piece floor is getting me.