Thetford Tecma Toilet not working

Daryl Ammons
Go to solution Solved by Keith Moffett,

Getting ready to go on a trip after not using motorhome in 3-4 weeks and the toilet will not flush.  There are lights on the flush panel and the fuse in the back closet is not blown.  Hit either, the water conserve flush or the regular flush button and nothing happens.  Is there another fuse somewhere?  Any ideas of what I should check next?  this is my first challenge of a non flushing toilet.

Thanks in advance for any input.

If it's like mine there's a switch behind the toilet to change the style of flushing.  It's probably not the problem but I'd flip that switch anyway just to clean the contacts.

You can also push and mash around the 2 buttons in an attempt to clean those contacts.  Again, I doubt that's the problem. 

Pull out a multimeter and check for +12V to the control board. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  We REALLY need our toilets!

- bob

• Thanks 1

In the Tecma manual, it says to check to see if the macerater is clogged or stuck, check voltage to see if it’s too low and check the sensor to be sure it’s not indicating that the tank is full.  Mine would not flush after a short trip but 3 hours later it was working fine. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

• Like 1

I had a similar sounding problem on mine. I moved the toilet away from the wall and unplugged all the connections. Then I plugged the 12VDC supply into the plug feeding the water valve - water came into the toilet. Moved the supply and plugged it into the macerator connection and toilet flushed. Think the real issue was poor contacts at one of the plugs. I replaced all the connections. All is well now but I added and new manual switch to bypass the electronic control box just in case it failed. 

Edited by PaulA.
  • Like 1

I had the same problem and it was a wad of paper stuck in the macerator blades.  Had to take toliet out, remove the macerator and unclog it.  My symptoms were the same as yours--push the button and nothing.

bob L, 08 dynasty

• Like 1

• Solution

Ours has the built in mascara too.  The computer went out and it would not flush until 1AM and stopped again after 7AM.  These toilets do some odd things.  

Try pulling the toilet and removing the computer plug then reconnecting.  I understand the contacts get corroded.