2007 Monaco Signature. Need service recommendations in Houston metro (south)

2007 Monaco Sig., has several issues:

1.) Leveling fault rr (fault light coming on, Coach will not level)  (2.) Probable roof replacement (3.) Ice machine and Dishwasher service or replacement required. 

Would appreciate any references for mobile service first, as we need two new from tires and leveling fault addressed before driving to service center. 

Thanks

Andy S.

Welcome to Monacoers!

A 2007 model should have a Valid leveling system.  Does it have air, or air and hydraulic leveling?

What makes you think the roof needs replacing?  This is rare, but potentially a huge project.

Is the ice machine stand alone, or inside the refrigerator freezer?

The Dishwasher is a Fisher and Paykel DS603I drawer model.  It's fairly easy to replace, but maybe you should have it checked first.  

If you find your Recreational Vehicle Data Card from Monaco, it will list each appliance with the model and serial number.  

Edited by vito.a

Thanks for the response!!!

1.) Air Leveling only

2.) Roof appears to be "de-laminating" for lack of a better term. It does need to be looked at and assessed, would be great if no replacement required.!

3.) Ice machine is in the Fridge/Freezer.

4.) Had one guy look at the dishwasher, it appears to be to discharge pump, but need a pro to look and confirm.

1 hour ago, Andy S. said:

1.) Leveling fault rr (fault light coming on, Coach will not level)  (2.) Probable roof replacement (3.) Ice machine and Dishwasher service or replacement required. 

Would appreciate any references for mobile service first, as we need two new from tires and leveling fault addressed before driving to service center. 

Thanks

Andy S.

If anyone says you need a new roof, run from them.  You do not have a EPDM rubber roof.  Yours is fiberglass and the roofing structure on the Sig is very strong.  There are two seams, one in the front and one in the rear that sometimes needs the EternaBond tape peeled off and replaced.  You DO have a bunch of protrusions (holes cut for AC, Fans, vents, shower, etc.).  The caulking gets brittle.  Most folks thoroughly clean with a strong detergent and maybe a little bleach to remove any mildew.  Rinse thoroughly.  Then they use blue painters tape and go 3/4 - 1” out from the existing caulking and mask off.  They then put on a thin layer of new caulk over the old.  Monaco used good caulk….rarely does it peel up.  If peeling, scrape away till it is a good bond.  You peel up the tape and do that every 5 years or so…..weather and storage dependent.  I’m on my second touchup, but I store in a large carport affair, so minimal UV damage.

BUT….you ONLY USE ONE two RV Caulks.  Silicone and residual will fail.  Proflex or DiCor Lap sealant.  I like the Dicor because it “runs” a bit more and self levels and doesn’t require any major skills to get it even.

Hope this helps….

5 minutes ago, Andy S. said:

Thanks for the response!!!

1.) Air Leveling only

2.) Roof appears to be "de-laminating" for lack of a better term. It does need to be looked at and assessed, would be great if no replacement required.!

3.) Ice machine is in the Fridge/Freezer.

4.) Had one guy look at the dishwasher, it appears to be to discharge pump, but need a pro to look and confirm.

You need pictures.  We see delaminated side walls where there are structural and “skin” blisters or bubbles.  Fixing a section of that can run upwards of $10 - $30 K….and sometimes it fails again.  Not saying that you don’t have this but rarely or I don’t remember a delaminated roof. Now if the Eternal Bond that goes over the seam from an end cap (front or rear), has issues, that is type of Duct Tape on steroids and easily repaired.

please post a lot of pictures.  Use a dark pencil to point to the spots that concern you.

We have a member that is very knowledgeable and runs a high quality shop that specializes in some unique problems.  Chris Throgmartin is his name.  I would drive to Brooksville, FL to let him repair,  @throgmartin, please chime in….

Just need to get info.

The icemaker in your refrigerator is an easy replacement.  Get the name brand and model number and google it with the word icemaker. It does not take a high paid RV tech to replace that….

Hope this helps.

Guest Ray Davis
28 minutes ago, Andy S. said:

Roof appears to be "de-laminating" for lack of a better term

This comes up occasionally because the roof is a sheet of fiberglass that is not glued down.  It will flex and move up and down when you walk up there.  To the uninformed, it will seem delaminated.   You might say it can't delaminate because it was never laminated.

With that said the seam where the roof meets the wall ( belt line ) can pop loose & leak,  that's where I would inspect.

1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

This comes up occasionally because the roof is a sheet of fiberglass that is not glued down.  It will flex and move up and down when you walk up there.  To the uninformed, it will seem delaminated.   You might say it can't delaminate because it was never laminated.

With that said the seam where the roof meets the wall ( belt line ) can pop loose & leak,  that's where I would inspect.

Well said.  It is not a hardwood dance floor or a concrete slab.  I suspect, after looking at the construction details in the various sales brochures that my Camelot roof is no where near the quality or rigidity of the SIG.  Yes, it feels s little “less than firm”, but that is in the entire roof field and you don’t walk around and think that s sinkhole will open.  Just the nature of the beast…but there are some scoundrels in less than reputable shops that will take advantage of a non suspecting individual and grin and make it worse and charge a king’s ransom….and then it takes twice that to restore it….and it is never good…

I would actually drive around and find a Sig or an Executive of the same age range and tell the dealer I was interested….but before I drove it I had heard of bad roofs on MH.  Technically that is true if it is an EPDM rubber condom….  Then I would sign a waiver and climb up and look around and walk….  Tell them, no roof inspection….going elsewhere.   THEN you have a benchmark….

Not dissing your opinions, but be careful thinking you need a new roof if you are not conversant with what a normal one feels or looks or such…

1 hour ago, Andy S. said:

d*** guys!!!

Thanks so much!

More to follow! 

Most concerned at this point re: the leveling system fault

Good.  One point of leveling controls.  Sometimes a control panel or “board” will get into a FUNK.  Many have been replaced by techs that were not totally up to speed.  One member bought a used 2007 Dynasty.  The seller said it had a new board or control….VALID SYSTEM..  It started  to act up.  He drove from NC to FL to a trusted shop.  They thought that the solenoids were defective..  they ordered new.  Started to put in one…HMMMM…so the tech spent about an hour on the phone with the manufacturer’s tech support.  He finally did a series of factory reboots or clearing up or out the new board.  BINGO….works great and no any issues….all was wrong was the install tech didn’t know enough….try reading on how to “reset” it from the controller.  Just an idea….

If you have the Maytag residential refrigerator, it uses a common ice maker.  Both Whirlpool and Maytag use the same ice maker.  I ordered the part online and watched a YouTube video on replacing it.  Took less than 15 min.  

Maytag ice maker part number 61005508

Edited by vito.a

As others have stated, the  roof on a 2007 Sign is  fiberglass and not firmly affixed to the roof structure. It will flex when walked on and this condition is normal. Areas of concern would be penetrations and the belt line molding interface between walls and roof. Lots of good info on this site regarding these areas.

Andy:

We specialize in roof renovations which includes, paint prep, paint, caulking and eternabond. In all my years in this business I have not once encountered a Monaco roof that needed to be replaced. I have seen a few Sig's and Dynastys that were lacking a cross member support and even then I recommended the customer let it go and live with it. The cost for a roof replacement is astronomical.

Unfortunately numerous service centers are unethical and looking for additional revenue. This is also compounded by the fact the industry is lacking good qualified tech's whop have experience with Monaco's. I recommend always getting a second opinion on large expenditure/repair bills. I cannot count the times I have had a customer come in with an estimate to fix a problem that runs into the thousands and we fix it for a 1/4 of the cost. It is a shame this industry has so many unethical players out there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, throgmartin said:

Andy:

We specialize in roof renovations which includes, paint prep, paint, caulking and eternabond. In all my years in this business I have not once encountered a Monaco roof that needed to be replaced. I have seen a few Sig's and Dynastys that were lacking a cross member support and even then I recommended the customer let it go and live with it. The cost for a roof replacement is astronomical.

Unfortunately numerous service centers are unethical and looking for additional revenue. This is also compounded by the fact the industry is lacking good qualified tech's whop have experience with Monaco's. I recommend always getting a second opinion on large expenditure/repair bills. I cannot count the times I have had a customer come in with an estimate to fix a problem that runs into the thousands and we fix it for a 1/4 of the cost. It is a shame this industry has so many unethical players out there.

Chris,

Thanks for confirming what myself and a few others thought we knew.  And thanks for the comment about some shops not being reputable like yours…

On 7/12/2023 at 2:25 PM, Andy S. said:

d*** guys!!!

Thanks so much!

More to follow! 

Most concerned at this point re: the leveling system fault

Lots of trucks use the same components used in a RV leveling system. Try a truck repair shop. I always think TRUCK when a chassis issues occurs.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:24 PM, Andy S. said:

Thanks

Andy S.

I would contact; https://www.bluemoonrv.com/