No brake lights with exhaust brake

I probably wouldn't be asking this question if I had good schematics. Sadly my 2003 Scepter PDT falls into the gap where Holiday Rambler disposed of the schematics.

My brake lights quit working when the exhaust brake applies. Brake lights work as they should when brake pedal is applied.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mine did just the opposite, after using the Jake’s they would stay on, I removed the fuse in the front run bay.

Be somewhat thankful yours went the way it did, mine stayed on, melted the fixture housing and the bulb sockets.

Not a huge deal but it still created some work, and obviously it doesn’t happen at home. I would try and locate the fuse and remove it so it doesn’t go the direction mine did, jmo!

• Like 1

I, and 99% of all professional truckers, do NOT want brake lights to come on when only the exhaust or engine brake is active.
Having brake lights on continuously when descending a grade leads to the dangerous situation where drivers behind you have NO WARNING when you have to use your actual BRAKES to slow down suddenly. 
Engine and exhaust brakes only serve to control and gradually slow a vehicle, much like a gasoline engine does in a normal car.

Consider yourself lucky that your coach fixed itself. 😉

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/18/2023 at 2:54 PM, Ivylog said:

I disable my brake lights while using the Jake Brake (removed fuse in the FRB) as I’m not stopping most of the time. If actually stopping I’ll lightly apply the brakes.

Do you know which fuse and maybe a picture of the location?