Blue Seas Master Battery switch replacement and wiring

All,

I copied picture from a different post but this was my switch (replaced w/new).

2003 Monaco Dynasty…

QUESTION - the battery positive post had another wire on post (not sure where it goes)… does anyone else?

on new blue sea switch, I put it on its own post so when switch is off, nothing gets powered.  

Does it need to get changed back so it’s always hot?

image.jpeg.7671702f80e9606ab4b4005e0d8e20d7.jpeg

Solar wire… maybe… On my 2000 Dynasty the solar wire went directly to the battery- it was 8 awg and had a fuse on it.

How does that switch disconnect from the backer board?  That’s one of the switches I have been thinking about replacing.

Edited by Rocketman3

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Blue Seas Master Battery switch replacement and wiring
12 hours ago, MHRookie said:

All,

I copied picture from a different post but this was my switch (replaced w/new).

2003 Monaco Dynasty…

QUESTION - the battery positive post had another wire on post (not sure where it goes)… does anyone else?

on new blue sea switch, I put it on its own post so when switch is off, nothing gets powered.  

Does it need to get changed back so it’s always hot?

image.jpeg.7671702f80e9606ab4b4005e0d8e20d7.jpeg

The FIRST QUESTION.  WHICH BATTERY?

Here is the Drawing for your rig.  NOW, if it ain't what you got...then time to VOM the puppy or get a tracer.  If this is the CHASSIS, then there are THREE Cable.

4/0 from the Battery Box (or the path therein)

2/0 from the Starter Solenoid

8 Gauge to a 20 Amp fuse...which then goes to the Solar Controller.  From the Drawing and MY interpretation....there are TWO outputs or charging lines FROM the Controller.  Each goes to the Master Disconnect Switch Stud that is CONNECTED to the Batteries.  

THAT doth seem to confirm what Vito and Rocketman said.  

FIRST RULE OF THUMB.  Never replace anything on a Monaco without have the print....

SECOND RULE OF THUMB...  Never TRUST the Monaco print as someone with out such (See First RULE) or are SMARTER hath done modified it like THEY thought it should work or perhaps how they HOPED it should

To paraphrase some tough old rough rider president.  TRUST, but Verify....  BEFORE you take it apart...

Thus endeth the Gospel according to Monaco.  PLEASE do not read my sarcasm as an insult to any faith or such.  Just too early and my "morning downer" ain't kicked in..  LOL.

NOW you know....if you don't have this or prints....there is a good set in the files...which over the years, more models than one could believe have wandered to my hard drive to find when someone posts a topic like this... I made a PDF of this one a long time ago to help someone...it is included in the following...

2003 Dynasty High Current Print.pdf

Tom, Rocketman, Vito,

Thanks for reply & print.  The battery bank is for the chassis.  The drawing shows the wire in question is for the “fuel cutoff” solenoid.

Does that need constant 12v power??  If so, I can easily put it back. 

I assumed it was installed that way in error as a battery cuttoff should always remove power.

Tom - I read in a similar post that Monaco did this on earlier coaches than changed in the 05/06 era.  Hence my ask of what the wire was for thinking it could not be that detrimental of a change.

No worries on taking offense to comments….  That’s the beauty of the forum… helping.

Thanks guys!

Kurt