Lost Both Low Beam Headlights on 06 Dynasty

GNRACN

I only can find fuses and relays for high beam headlights in the front driver side run box. Is there another board that I am missing somewhere. Have pulled bulbs out and checked filaments in bulbs, both appear to be ok. Have not separated bulb from wire socket as yet because not sure how to disconnect from wiring harness.

Any advice appreciated!

I had the same issue with my 2001 Signature.  I had an issue, along with many others, with an overhead issue on the J12 connector on the smartwheel controlller.  In the link post below it shows photos of the issue along with wiring diagrams on how to update the wiring to use a relay and correct the issue of overheading the smartwheel controller.  If the controller is damaged to badly it will also need to be replaced.  Hopefully it is a simplier issue, howver I would check this out.

• Like 1

There is a separate board for left and right in outside coach electrical compartment on drivers side.

2 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Look for the smartwheel controller, mine is under the dash, not sure where yours would be. 

Check the wiring harnesses for signs of heat, common problem. 

2 hours ago, GNRACN said:

I only can find fuses and relays for high beam headlights in the front driver side run box. Is there another board that I am missing somewhere. Have pulled bulbs out and checked filaments in bulbs, both appear to be ok. Have not separated bulb from wire socket as yet because not sure how to disconnect from wiring harness.

Any advice appreciated!

First, pull the black cowling from under the steering wheel.  There are several connectors there.  Unplug and reseat them (engine OFF of course).  Look for any overheating.  Next, somewhere, probably on the drivers side and accessible from the Gnerator opening is the other end of the wires from the smart wheel.  Figures out which one(s) it is.  Do the same….  That fixes 90% of the issues…otherwise…start with the headlight switch….troubleshoot the wires and verify that the light switch is good.  A common failure 

20210727_111226.thumb.jpg.7c9542837f8174d95f4c7cf5cd5555a8.jpg20210729_150256.thumb.jpg.5a82d434982814014fdbdbf259bc4ea2.jpgCheck the smart wheel box on drivers side. J12 connector is usually the culprit. Unplug and Check for heat damage. I ran a new wire direct to a new relay and the headlights now work fine. Common problem. Good luck.

Edited by ktloah

Jeff, I used a 30 Amp relay... spliced the burnt wire and ran it to the relay. Ran a new 12 gauge wire, fused, from the copper bus(grid) to the relay. 

Jeff, herre are some pics of how I did it

Resized_20210729_150305_591645084598936.jpeg

Resized_20210730_093020_591772492155554.jpeg

The top pic is where I got the power for the relay. The red wire in the center is the wire I ran. Make sure you fuse it with a 30 Amp fuse.

• Like 3