2006 Executive - No Signal lights - Assistance needed

Chargerman

Just getting ready to head out in the morning and just found that signal lights don’t work. Checked from and rear runway for a fuse issue and all are good. Any help with direction would be appreciated. 

Just went in pulled headlight switch. All lights on. High beam also works. Then tried signals again and they work. WTH?  

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Those pesky electrical gremlins hard a work!

Yup I have one of those in my R REAR turn signal light.  Seems to be a bulb issue so I cleaned the socket and the bulb not fixed.  Changed bulb (the original works elsewhere, and has full continuity) New bulb worked first trip.  Then next trip, put the toad on and no RR turn light on Coach.   Works fine on TOAD, so WTH I rolled.  First stop checked again and bingo RR turn signal works.  I have learned to live with it.  We never run after dark and during movement I watch the rear view mirrors and camera and DW looks out the window and I learned to live with it.  So far no matter what I do it works about half the time. 

Edited by TomV48

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2006 Executive - No Signal lights - Assistance needed
18 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Have you given any thought to it being a ground issue?

Richard MAY be on to something.  You MAY be getting a FEEDBACK or GROUND.  When the signals do NOT work.  You need to find the GROUND wire to either the FRONT or the REAR light and then get a GOOD GROUND.  You could even ADD  Jumper (temporarily) to see if that solves it.  OR, when the do NOT work, use a 3M Scotchlok "tap in" connector on the Positive...then when they go on break...then measure the 12 VDC to a GOOD ground.

Got to isolate if it is GROUND or Positive Voltage.  NOW, remember, some DVOM, like my expensive one, do NOT cotton too well to a pulsed (like a flasher) signal.  Then I use my 50 year old analog RS meter and watch the needle.  Also remember...if you loose the load (as in almost NO current flowing), then the Flasher may NOT flash.

These critter are funny.  I would spend some quality time in the prints.  BTW, I have just done a LOT of print looking.  The 2006 Dynasty and the 2006 Executive prints are up to date...so follow the circuit there and watch out for some funky relay...

Fuses can be great, but an open circuit or a bad (high resistance) connection or a flaky ground....all candidates.

BUT, Isolate, logically, and then it will be obvious...then tell us...others will learn.

Good Luck

Ditto.  Please share the solution.

In my case this is the first time it has happened. I did check my brake lights and they worked fine. I never found a fuse label for the signal lights. I also did shut off the batteries to see if that would have reset the brain but that didn’t work. One funny thing that I have never understood is that my signals always have worked with the key off. Fingers crossed that they cooperate when I go out this morning 

Edited by Chargerman

8 hours ago, Chargerman said:

In my case this is the first time it has happened. I did check my brake lights and they worked fine. I never found a fuse label for the signal lights. I also did shut off the batteries to see if that would have reset the brain but that didn’t work. One funny thing that I have never understood is that my signals always have worked with the key off. Fingers crossed that they cooperate when I go out this morning 

You want the GOOD NEWS or the BAD NEWS....  There ain't NO BRAIN (as in one of the Intellitec boards front and rear),that I think are "involved"....so you can probably reset all day and still NOT make a dent.

BUT, a print(s) are nice.  I downloaded BOTH the 2006 Dynasty (which I would almost bet was the same as the Exec) and well as the 2006 Navigator (same as Exec).  They are identical except for the "shape of the headlights.  The circuit was a Cut and Paste.

NOW, you can trace the circuit and then figure out WHO is on first.  YES, someone did do a little "modification"....and the Colonel (Our Esteemed RIP Founder) is correct again.  Ain't NO TWO Monaco's, even one after the other....the same.

I may be wrong...My Four Way Hazard work, obviously, off the chassis....without the ignition.  Turn Signals?  Don't know...wish I THOUGHT your flashers and turn signals went through some sort of brain.  To the BEST of my knowledge....

OK....THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION...and probably NOT RIGHT.  The ONLY FUSED power to the Turn Signal switch is FROM the Hazard Flasher or Fuse 6-J1-5 (15A). SO, if the hazard flasher is flaky...GUESS WHAT....it be the ON and OFF "gatekeeper".  Might be a big spender and pop in a new one?  That assumes that you did NOT have ANY Turn Signals (Front and Rear) as well as the Front and Rear Flasher (same lights) did not work in the EMERGENCY mode.  I can NOT explain why turning on the headlights would have done it...as the power for them DOES come from a separate source.  You have have the fuse numbers for the Brake (6-J1-6)...

Here are the two prints....

Turn Signals - 38040187 2006 Navigator - Executive.pdf Turn Signals - 2006 Dynasty SAME AS Exec & Navigator.pdf

Thank you Tom. You’re always on the case and myself and everyone really appreciates it. We are traveling as of this morning and the signals have functioned fine. I will dig in when and if it ever occurs again. I will pull down the drawings so I have them at hand. 

Much appreciated!!!