Dash Air Compressor Replacement

planodp

Good evening all, I have have been chasing a leak for a while now and I could never find it. Finally decided to replace the AC compressor. I have read on this forums that the front seal is hard to detach for leak. Well I ran into a bit of a issue. The low side extension adapter screw in just fine but it would not tighten. Now come to find out that the thread is mess up. The good thing is the compressor fitting is still good. I took the High side adapter and it screw right in and tighten up find. So now I'm looking to find the adapter. Anyone know where I might be able to find one. Please see the attach picture. Thanks for the help in advance. Duey 

20230821_190106.jpg

@Ivan K I found a old school machine shop in Sherman that custom  build just about anything kind of hose and fitting you want. Plus they also do engine work, engine block, crankshaft and head. They build my fitting for $55 buck. Thanks Ivan for the help!!!!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, planodp said:

@Ivan K I found a old school machine shop in Sherman that custom  build just about anything kind of hose and fitting you want. Plus they also do engine work, engine block, crankshaft and head. They build my fitting for $55 buck. Thanks Ivan for the help!!!!

Hey there Plano, I'm in the Dallas area too. I just found my dash ac isn't blowing cold , I totally clueless as to how the system functions and pointers would be appreciated.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:37 PM, BigNick said:

Hey there Plano, I'm in the Dallas area too. I just found my dash ac isn't blowing cold , I totally clueless as to how the system functions and pointers would be appreciated.

@BigNick Sorry, just now see this. Good thing for you I was just about to post the full replacement (parts list). If you have any question feel free to PM me. Coach is a 2004 Executive with ISM 500. This is not a how to but rather more of what part you will need to get this done. Sorry for the grammar! Not much of a writer. LOL 

The compressor is Sanden model U4756

ESSENTIAL SPECIFICATIONS

Replaced by Aftermarket Version 4475

Click Here for Information

Compressor Family:

SD7H15

Style:

HD

Mount Type:

SD7 Direct Long

Ear ID:

T92 B87

Refrigerant:

R134A

Displacement:

Rotation Direction:

CW

Oil Qty (cc):

Cylinder Head:

CBA

Port Angle:

V

Port Clocking:

12:00

Head Port Style:

1X14

Rotor Size:

Rotor Groove:

PV6

Gauge Line

to First Groove:

Gauge Line

to Middle Groove:

Gauge Line

to End Groove:

Coil Voltage:

Connector:

2 Wire Female Packard #15300002

Schematic:

CLICK HERE

Service Manual:

CLICK HERE

You can purchase it from http://acmeairparts.com/rvacheaterparts.html#!/New-Compressor-Direct-mount-Replaces-U4475-4756/p/391978071/category=16022426  $185.50 8/2023. I put PAG 46 oil into the reservoir and rotate the compress until oil come out of the either port. 

USE CAUTION YOU WILL NEED TO SAVE THE DIODE

The new compressor had the wrong end. You'll need to cut off the old compressor 

end off as close to the hole down screw for the cable. Do the same but closer to

the connector of the new compressor. The color code will not match. Black with

with white tracer is hot. 

image.png.b8e781b584c36b6af5bb1cac390af25a.png

image.png.5a990e62bf26f1e1cf9b13cf5d128979.png

Side not, 

If you damage the low side extension you'll need: male O ring to female O ring

#10 straight A/C compressor fitting W/134 port 6303 $17 on ebay. I had my custom made for $56

eBay seller From Mr.Fomoco Motorcraft (eBay)

John Kulak

1220 Circle Ln, Bedford TX, 76022-6784

Receiver Drier 054-00001 for SCS/VCS. Diameter: 3” – Height: 8” – Inlet: #6 Male Insert O-Ring – Outlet: #6 Male Insert O-Ring. Includes moisture sensor.

I use Murray 80-8032 / 33321 from ORilley under $30.00

Evacuate the system when done, then close all service ports. I have a 8 CFM pump and I let it run for 45 minutes +. Make a note of what the gauge is reading. Check the gauge it should be the same reading as before if there is NO LEAK. Break vacuum with Freon. I put as much in as I can before starting the engine. Finish up charging the system until it cold, don't over charge. Watch the low side and the high side gauge. My was at 25 PSI on the low side and around 200-225 on the high side. OH, make make sure you hear the condenser fan running. I said this cause my wasn't running. It make a big different.

I hope this help! 

On 8/26/2023 at 6:37 PM, BigNick said:

When my dash AC suddenly quit blowing cold, I found that the 20A fuse (rear run bay) for the condenser fan had blown.  Replaced it, blew again immediately.  Found that the fan motor (in the front, passenger side) had seized up.  Replaced fan motor and all is good.

30 minutes ago, BigNick said:

Thankyou so much thats fantastic, I will check that fuse, Im guessing by run bay you mean the area inside where the AC breakers are?

Rusty is referring to a 12V fan so the fuse should be where ever your 12V automotive fuses are, if you in fact have that fan. Mine is hydraulic so it depends on your setup.

3 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Rusty is referring to a 12V fan so the fuse should be where ever your 12V automotive fuses are, if you in fact have that fan. Mine is hydraulic so it depends on your setup.

Mine was in the engine compartment, up on the right (passenger side) in the electric panel covered by a plexiglass cover.  It's a 20 AMP automotive fuse.