Fitting on rear air tank leaks

Go to solution Solved by jacwjames,

2004 Dynasty. Fitting on the rear air tank leaks. Has only one  1/2 in line attached. Searched the parts list but can't find. Looks like it is Meritor but can't read all the numbers/letters.

Link to pictures attached. Thanks in advance to anyone that can't help identify the part.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bqoD9WKkahk8gC2P9

• Solution
  • Frank McElroy changed the title to Fitting on rear air tank leaks

FWIW

I believe in the downloads section there is a pretty good file showing the air system on the Monaco coaches.  It does show the separate tanks with fittings on each.  I used this to help me identify parts.  I had the luxury of having my rig parked in my garage on ramps and had the time to remove a part, clean, and get numbers off it to confirm the part.  I'd then shop for the part and get some pretty good prices.  Since I had to replace all my PPV, which all started leaking within a month of each other), I also changed most of the Push To Connect fittings but found I could get decent prices at a local supplier of those.  I also put together an emergency kit consisting of the different size tubing, union PTC fittings.  I also kept the old PTC fittings just in case. 

After working on the system I now have a better understanding of how it works but also realize how vulnerable most of the line/fittings are.  Any type of debris in the road could get thrown up under and take out a line.