Getting older sucks.

8 minutes ago, Les Hurdle said:

ignorance on my part aside.......... on a 2004 Cheetah, where is the salesman [s]witch?

L

Check your manual.  It is probably on the left side as you come in.  It may be marked as "Battery XXX"  It works turns off all internal DC power.  Your AC stays ON.  BUT, guess what, your HVAC units have to have DC power to them to work.  So, when you trip that switch, you are outta luck...  

MOST of us don't like it and use a simple NAPA part to bypass it.  The solenoid is going to fail at some time.  It is NOT supposed to be used like a Master Light switch...but some folks do and know the risks or constantly turned it on or off and the deterioration, up to and including total failure.  

If you want to bypass it, you need to look in one of the electrical bay, in your case, probably the front. It is NOT the biggest one, but the next.  Post a picture of the bay and someone will be able to identify it if you are uncertain.  The NAPA number is 781144 and is $10.  If you can move one of the large terminal cables to the other side so both cables are on one stud.  That work.  It will keep you from having one of "OMG...I HATE this @#$@#$# MH" moments.

If the cables are too shore or arranged where you can't move them...then the jumper

Since you are going to do battery work, then while you have BOTH Battery disconnect switches OFF...go look for it and I'd fix it rather than have to do it in the rain or a hurricane or trying to escape a flood.  Your call...but that is the skinny.

Rock on...

• Like 1

Oh silly me, to think I was looking for a switch which said 'salesman'......... I did find the battery switch and fail to see [in my case] how anyone could bump it etc.............  anyway, oh to be skinny 😉

Thanks for the help