2007 monaco camelot 42pdq air system issue

Pogo3979

My issue is my air tanks (front and rear) go down the same amount. I changed a leaking height valve due to the drivers side rear air bag deflated over night. The compressor kicks off at 120, a day later both my gauges  are down to 40.  All the bags still have air in the. I installed all new air bags due to age last week, checked all the lines and bags with soapy water, can’t find any leaks. I’m pretty sure both my tanks are behind the front axle. Question is there a line for driver side and passenger side air bags or do they use the same air line for both sides. Is there check valves to isolate the air tanks from leaking air into each. Thanks. 

Check your air dryer. Any leak that drops you to 40psi overnight is findable. We had lots of small leaks and one big one. Two unusual places we found leaks were the back air tank ( every penetration was leaking). The other leaking item was the air dryer. The air dryer can develop a leak if the compressor is blowing oil.(particles get stuck in a diaphragm and prevent it from forming a solid seal. It was leaking from the Regen valve front. It would leak all the time slowly. We replaced the dryer and the replacement started above the purge valve. Best advice is spray every fitting with soapy water. We had to replace about 5-10 fittings that had slow leaks. The fittings are easy to replace and you can get them on Amazon.

We went from 115 to 0 in 4 hours to 115 to 90 in a few days. We just learned where all the fittings were and kept checking everything.

We didn't have issue with our "selenoid.packs" that control air in and out of the airbags, but I read of others that did.

Good luck

John

When the compressor cuts off, do you see a 10 PSI drop in the first 30 seconds?  If not, then your PCCV (pressure control check valve) is defective.  
Open your wet tank drain valve.  You should not see any drop in pressure in your front and rear tanks.  If you see a drop in the rear tank, then again, it’s the PCCV.  If both tanks drop pressure, then it’s probably the shuttle valve (one way check valve).  
I just went through finding and fixing a bunch of leaks this spring.  I had a defective PCCV, shuttle valve, and several brake hoses were leaking.  
I discovered that Monaco didn’t make a lot of changes to their air systems over the years, so you can look at most of the available drawings for hose connections, sizes and colors.  I’ve attached the drawings for my 2012 Diplomat.  
Good luck. 

18623342_B (Schematic Pneumatics DEKA 43ft) Model (1).pdf

I went through my air system in 2021. 

Best thing I did was make a set of 6 ramps, I cut 2X10's into 42, 36, 30, 24" boards, stacked then and secured them together.  I did put a block at the end of 4 of the ramps for the rear tires just as a safety to prevent me from backing off the ramps. 

My problem ended up being the the PPV's (pressure protection valves) all started leaking the same time.  I would loose ~50 psi in less then 45 minutes and was sporadic.  When I first noticed the problem the air would bleed down enough overnight for the low air alarm to come on when I turned the key.  Then it started getting worse so I checked by spraying soapy water on the PPV's and found all 4 leaking.   I was in AZ and contacted a number of mobile and repair shops, none would help me out so I decided to drive home. Compressor would keep up so I could drive home from AZ to TN but I was nervous the whole time with an eye on the air gauges. 

While I was at it I replaced most of the push to connect fittings (kept the old as spares), and also replaced the other check valves and other components that could fail over time.  Also created a emergency kit consisting of spare pieces of air tubing, spare fittings, unions etc all stored in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket along with other supplies.