Washer and dryer full of water

Terryjean

That’s what I figured too but do you have any ideas of how to get the water out without making a big mess? I’m afraid if I pull that plug out the water is just gonna go underneath and start rotting the wood under the washer. Thank you for your help 
tj

Is there not a cycle to drain and spin the laundry?

7 minutes ago, FLynes said:

Is there not a cycle to drain and spin the laundry?

If pump is broke it won’t pump it out. I’ve had the impeller go out before. Will just spin and spin 

13 minutes ago, Terryjean said:

That’s what I figured too but do you have any ideas of how to get the water out without making a big mess? I’m afraid if I pull that plug out the water is just gonna go underneath and start rotting the wood under the washer. Thank you for your help 
tj

You on the road? 

This is to Terry, I don’t know how to reply back to each one of you, so yes, I’ve had the water pour out on me before to opening that little filter and it is just spinning on empty the water. I hope it’s not a motor if it is, I’ll have to downsize to a RV without a washer and dryer. My husband wants to do that and I’m like but it’s my washer and dryer.😝

TJ

Okay, I have an $8.00 solution for you. What I have found to work is a cheap siphon pump from Harbor freight, you can also get a 3 or 5 gal bucket to drain the water into. Here is the info on it: PITTSBURGH AUTOMOTIVE Multi-Use Transfer Pump Ski: 63144

1. Remove the drain hose from the drain pipe, then stick one end of the red hose of the siphon pump into it as far as it will go. Keep that end elevated above the door- depending on water level, it may spill out. 

2. Place the other end in the 3-5 gal bucket, give the manual pump a few pumps then the water will start flowing on its own. 

If you can/want to pull the machine out ( if you have the space, you can do it without the pump). I like the pump for a quick pump out in an emergency.

This will get your washer drained so you can get your clothes out, I have the service manual at the office and can get you part #'s. It is either a discontinued pump which I have a replacement # for, or a switch. It is rarely anything else but I have been wrong before. 🙂

Best of luck, 

Nick

• Like 1

Hey Nick that is great  I’ll see if I can get that siphon thing asap. If I don’t get these out in a day or two men, are you gonna start stinking?
 How can I reach you if I need a part?

TJ

Edited by Terryjean

The drive belt on our Splendid 2000 jumped off of the drive pulley.  The motor would operate but there was no draining going on since the pump was not being driven.  The belt can be accessed through the panel that is screwed onto the rear of the washer dryer.  You may need a mirror to see how to reinstall the belt.

Bob